ATX Community

Monitor blinks only

Lucho

When I turned on the computer, the monitor started just blinking; I can see the desktop with all the icons, so I assume the computer is working good.

Before running to the store for a new monitor, I would like to ask the question whether if the monitor died or might be something else.

Thank you for any help.

Lucho

The monitor is not gettting a signal from the computer. Sounds like a poor connection. I would disconnect and reconnect the cables and make sure they are screwed in at both ends. Then turn off power to both the computer and monitor. If that doesn't solve the problem, open the computer case and verify that the video card is firmly seated.

taxbilly

The monitor is not gettting a signal from the computer. Sounds like a poor connection. I would disconnect and reconnect the cables and make sure they are screwed in at both ends. Then turn off power to both the computer and monitor. If that doesn't solve the problem, open the computer case and verify that the video card is firmly seated.

taxbilly

Thank you very much TAXBILLY.

I will follow your recommendations tomorrow as today I am so exausted. (I have another workstation for emergencies like this.

Thank you again.

Lucho

Thank you very much TAXBILLY.

I will follow your recommendations tomorrow as today I am so exausted. (I have another workstation for emergencies like this.

Thank you again.

Lucho

Actually, I decided to try it tonight and now it is working again.

Thank you again TAXBILLY

Lucho