ATX Community

here in California

jainen

At least here in California legislators are working hard to solve the budget problems without raising everyone's taxes. Last week, in fact, they raised their OWN taxes--and only their own! Yep, it's true. That pay increase they gave themselves will increase the tax liability for each of them.

And to think that we criticize politicians mercilessly for no good reason.

I'm ashamed of some of the things I've said about them in the past.

Thank you for taking the time to point this out, how else would we have learned of such a noble act?

I'm sure the California legislators are just too humble to boast about rasiing their own taxes.

And to think that we criticize politicians mercilessly for no good reason.

I'm ashamed of some of the things I've said about them in the past.

Thank you for taking the time to point this out, how else would we have learned of such a noble act?

I'm sure the California legislators are just too humble to boast about rasiing their own taxes.

Sounds like our 'poor' county commissioners. Just imagine they just got a 12,000 pay raise. Can you imagine the huge tax increase??

Eli

At least here in California legislators are working hard to solve the budget problems without raising everyone's taxes. Last week, in fact, they raised their OWN taxes--and only their own! Yep, it's true. That pay increase they gave themselves will increase the tax liability for each of them.

I hope they all get hit with AMT. And I hope they have to fill out the forms by hand. And I hope that they have to call into the IRS to get help with their returns. And I hope that no tax professional will allow them into their office, let alone prepare their tax returns. That would teach them.

I am not angry with the government! AM NOT AM NOT AM NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

I feel better now.

Tom

Lodi, CA