ATX Community

CCH ProSystem efiles NYC biz, still not ATX?!

TaxCPANY

I pay the big bucks for ProSystem fx (pay per return to keep my costs down) because it has some features I'm willing to pay for. If I had a different clientele, I might have a different software. If you have very many NY business clients, and you can move their prices up, you might want to consider fx.

Customer service continues to come through for me, fast, helpful, gets me back to work. But, as a sole proprietor, that's one of the things I'm willing to pay for. If that slips, I'll demo other software again. My bill runs around $5,000 for tax software only. But, last year I tried their research and drove down to the users' conference in MD and purchased some training and use their web site and...ended up spending over $9,000. Probably spending more on hardware in 2010.

Thanks much, taxperson, Lion, & michaelmars,

I just wonder why CCH didn't bring ATX along, in becoming NYC-approved? It seems unfair, and, while perhaps it's something political that ought to be raised before the NYC Dept. of Finance, it might be another harbinger of ATX's demise. That's particularly why I ranted in this forum.

I know what a *great* bargain ATX is -- e.g., I'd used ProSystem fx & its only other major competitor, back when I worked in the-then Big 8 -- and I used Lacerte for the first years of my own practice -- until Intuit's purchase raised Lacerte's cost beyond reason. With ATX, for almost a decade, I've been able to serve my wide-ranging clientele -- and, yes, just over a majority of them reside or have businesses in NYC.

This second year of ATX omitted while CCH re-qualified its "premier" product worries me; I'm afraid it's an instance of "pay to play." That's not ethical; that's not what NYC should be gearing-up to offer all its taxpayers and us "stakeholders."

Most truly yours, TaxCPANY

This is the first year that Virginia has accepted business returns at all through its e-file program, and so far they are only accepting C corporations. However,while CCH and Taxwise have both qualified to efile business returns, ATX has not. I was rather disappointed in that, and I do hope that it is not a sign of what we can expect over the next few years. <_<

nyc only accepted efiles starting last year and even then not till March was it up and running. i would love for atx to efile nyc but i am also glad that others are being the beta testers for NY first.

we use prosysten here and its good for very complex returns [10 states, 50 k-1 imputs or dozens of partners etc] but for 85% of the returns, i can knock one out in atx in 1/10 the imput time.

If only atx would more automate the printing!!!

BY THE WAY, although we can efile nyc corps they do not accept nyc extensions via efile - Go figure!!!