ATX Community

PDF Factory -what version of ATX has this on it?

carolynm

The program is already pretty cheap, but if you install the old version from the ATX program, then go to the website and choose 'upgrade' you can get the current full version at a discount. And it's worth getting because of the extras you get with the full version. I strongly recommend it. There are some free pdf programs out there that are pretty good, but pdfFactory is worth the price.

Once Pdf Factory had become one of Windows XP's suite of printers, I've upgraded it only once -- some year or so ago? -- and, then, for free -- and not since have needed to tweak it, in order to print good-quality PDFs for free. On my Windows7 laptop, however, I've had to opt for "BullZip PDF Printer," in order to retain the capability of printing PDF's without inveighing Adobe's bloatware.

I also don't bother with encrypting PDF's because my clients & I exchange those *only* via YouSendIt.com -- never via email -- and that's another (incredibly) free resource (I mean, until one realizes how valuable it is and thus volunteers to pay for it, as, ethically, one ought to).

I took a peek at YouSendIt.com and it looks good, but I'm puzzled by something. If I'm reading correctly, the free version charges $3.99 each time to password protect a file. So given that pdf Factory costs a one-time charges of about $50, it still seems like the better bargain. What am I missing here?

There are some good open source and freeware PDF programs such as PDFCreator and PrimoPDF. Check Filehippo.com Office and News section for downloads here. http://www.filehippo.com/software/office/

Bought PDF Factory Pro before ATX stop supplying it with their tax software. No PDF program out that quite does what this simple package does. It is Well worth the money for the Pro version.

Have 10 (yes I said 10) PDF print drivers and softwares on my PC and have found that PDF Factory consistently makes the smallest PDF files as well.

Never regretted my decision to buy it