ATX Community

Bank Product Trans Fee

tom777

Has anyone known that ATX going to charge $10 Transmit Fee for each Bank(Republic) application ? This is new charge for this year.

How did you find that out? Is it only Republic?

I went with Santa Barbra and don't recall any disclosures about fees for transmitting the application. I certainly don't want to get that suprise, since I don't charge a lot for the bank products.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I went with Santa Barbra and don't recall any disclosures about fees for transmitting the application. I certainly don't want to get that suprise, since I don't charge a lot for the bank products.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Makes two of us!! I switched to SBBT also. I haven't read anything like that in the disclosures!

Eli

Tom

Lodi, CA

It was in my ATX software and it was in myAtx.com( click on "my product " ). I also have called ATX and they confirmed. It suprised me because it costs more $ for me anywhere between $2000 - $3000 for bank products. I am not happpy at all but I have to deal with it.

Tom

NY

It was in my ATX software and it was in myAtx.com( click on "my product " ). I also have called ATX and they confirmed. It suprised me because it costs more $ for me anywhere between $2000 - $3000 for bank products. I am not happpy at all but I have to deal with it.

Tom

NY

When I go to myatx.com and click on "My Product" I only see the MAX product and the $69 Shipping fee. There is nothing about any bank products at all.

In the past, Republic and ATX did not play nice in the sandbox together. I am assuming this is the same situation, that ATX is going to get paid for dealing with a vendor that they don't like to work with. Just a guess, not anything I know for sure.

Eli, are you seeing anythin else on your order?

Tom

Lodi, CA

When I go to myatx.com and click on "My Product" I only see the MAX product and the $69 Shipping fee. There is nothing about any bank products at all.

In the past, Republic and ATX did not play nice in the sandbox together. I am assuming this is the same situation, that ATX is going to get paid for dealing with a vendor that they don't like to work with. Just a guess, not anything I know for sure.

Eli, are you seeing anythin else on your order?

Tom

Lodi, CA

Nothing at all! I did try to go in & enroll, but it kept giving me an error and wouldn't let me do anything.

Eli

Nothing at all! I did try to go in & enroll, but it kept giving me an error and wouldn't let me do anything.

Eli

I called ATX sales today and asked for : " Why other people who use Santa Bank do not have $10 charge on Bank App Trans? ".

She said : " it does not matter $10 appear on "my product " or not, ATX will charge $10 for every bank appl( no matter what bank you use). In this $10, ATX keep $6 and will rebate to you $4. "

Tom

NY

I am using Chase RAL product. and have for the past 15 years. This is the first year ATX is offering Chase bank product. I was informed by Chase in their year end letter that they cut their fees and in return they are not offering any bonuses/Incentives this year and that they are not going to pay companies like ATX any bonus or incentives. My quess is that to off set the loss of the Incentives they raised there fees.

I have all ways charged $35 per bank app processed plus $25 for efile . for several reasons 1) because the extra time it takes to explain the programs. 2) to cover the one or two that never get paid. 3) because i dont work for free

Last tax seasion I did about 200 bank product, 1100 efiles out of 1900 returns .

I say dont worry about $10 and just add it to your fees.

CLIFF

the 1040PRO in

AZ

I called ATX sales today and asked for : " Why other people who use Santa Bank do not have $10 charge on Bank App Trans? ".

She said : " it does not matter $10 appear on "my product " or not, ATX will charge $10 for every bank appl( no matter what bank you use). In this $10, ATX keep $6 and will rebate to you $4. "

Tom

NY

This is interesting, because the HSBC agreement limits the amount that can be charged for a loan. If ATX is causing this limit to be exceded, then the loans are in violation of the new Armed Forces Lending Law. I wonder if HSBC is aware that ATX is screwing up their rate calculations.

I am sure that ATX is going to say that it is a transmission fee or e-file fee, but I would guess that if a good lawyer looked at this, it would be a part of the interest calculation regardless what ATX and HSBC call it.

Could be interesting if an Armed Forces member comes into a tax shop with ATX software and gets a RAL through HSBC. I would like to see them squirm.

Tom

Lodi, CA

This is interesting, because the HSBC agreement limits the amount that can be charged for a loan. If ATX is causing this limit to be exceded, then the loans are in violation of the new Armed Forces Lending Law. I wonder if HSBC is aware that ATX is screwing up their rate calculations.

I am sure that ATX is going to say that it is a transmission fee or e-file fee, but I would guess that if a good lawyer looked at this, it would be a part of the interest calculation regardless what ATX and HSBC call it.

Could be interesting if an Armed Forces member comes into a tax shop with ATX software and gets a RAL through HSBC. I would like to see them squirm.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Why wasn't it disclosed?

Eli