ATX Community

Schedule D and 8453

HV Ken

Earlier in the season, the box to elect to send the itemized Schedule D transactions was missing from the 8453 and it was my understanding that all transactions had to be listed on the Sch D and Sch D1 continuation pages.

I rolled a return over today that had an 8453 in it from last season, and noticed that the box has returned!

Did something change that we are now allowed to send the consolidated information on the tax return and the specifics attached to an 8453 again this season ??

Thanks!

Hello all! Is there anyone who knows about this ? It is not clear to me where to even begin to look on the IRS web site to get this answer.... Thanks!

Earlier in the season, the box to elect to send the itemized Schedule D transactions was missing from the 8453 and it was my understanding that all transactions had to be listed on the Sch D and Sch D1 continuation pages.

I rolled a return over today that had an 8453 in it from last season, and noticed that the box has returned!

Did something change that we are now allowed to send the consolidated information on the tax return and the specifics attached to an 8453 again this season ??

Thanks!

The box on the 8453 is there, and has been there ever since the form was issued in September 2009. If it disappeared from your software it must be an ATX thing.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8453.pdf

Don is right, I just completed one of these yesterday using TRX. But, ATX has the box as well. I always thought ATX had programmed in some gremlins that eat at random things in the software. Too many times, I experienced the incredible disappearing information. Remember the year when client's names; etc would disappear from the return? Might be some of the same gremlins left behind. :-)