ATX Community

Efile 7004 but no ERO EFIN

Kea

I know this topic was discussed before, but I just couldn't find it. (Maybe I'm too tired to find the right search criteria.)

I plan to e-file a 7004 but I'm getting an error message to have an EFIN with the ERO firm name (or use neither). I don't have an EFIN. Was the answer to use my SSN? Or was it to get an EFIN or paper file?

Thanks

It's almost over!?

I know this topic was discussed before, but I just couldn't find it. (Maybe I'm too tired to find the right search criteria.)

I plan to e-file a 7004 but I'm getting an error message to have an EFIN with the ERO firm name (or use neither). I don't have an EFIN. Was the answer to use my SSN? Or was it to get an EFIN or paper file?

Thanks

It's almost over!?

My understanding is that you must have an EFIN to e-file anything. If you ment EIN, but accidently inserted an F that is not required.

Oh, yeah, in my sleep deprived state I wasn't watching the letters in my responses, so misread the question. Yeah, use your EFIN that you file under and the matching business or personal name under which you e-file. As Lila said, if EIN then match it to your business name; if SSN then match it to your personal name. But, you can't e-file anything without your EFIN.