ATX Community

Rejected E-file and cant get hold of client

rich

I will appreciate if some one can direct me to right direction, Efiled return on april 15 and get rejected with errors SSN and names don't match IRS master file and dependent SSN is already used in this or another return. I tried to contact the client on phone but never get reply and the address used is PO Box.I dont want to be penalised for as ERO and EA for not notifying the client for rejected return. I am considering to send paper return to the PO Box with the explanation.

Thanks in advance

I will appreciate if some one can direct me to right direction, Efiled return on april 15 and get rejected with errors SSN and names don't match IRS master file and dependent SSN is already used in this or another return. I tried to contact the client on phone but never get reply and the address used is PO Box.I dont want to be penalised for as ERO and EA for not notifying the client for rejected return. I am considering to send paper return to the PO Box with the explanation.

Thanks in advance

Do you have an email address for them?

I would not worry I have a half dozen rejects every year that I can not reach clients.I send them a letter to contact me keep the letter in the file.Sometimes they show up the next year but most of the time they never come back.I have been doing this for 10 years never had a problem with IRS.I am also an EA.It is not our job to chase these clients down.We are a store front operation in a low income area.

I would not worry I have a half dozen rejects every year that I can not reach clients.I send them a letter to contact me keep the letter in the file.Sometimes they show up the next year but most of the time they never come back.I have been doing this for 10 years never had a problem with IRS.I am also an EA.It is not our job to chase these clients down.We are a store front operation in a low income area.

Thanks for all the replies, actually toady I mailed the letter from post office with confirmation attached.That way I can proof I tried to contact them.

This is my second year to efile, and the first year I've gotten a reject after the 15th. (It actually just appeared yesterday, but because of the ATX glitch in acks, the reject is dated 4/15/10.)

Reject is related to $250 (client actually did not receive it). Do I have to paper file, or can I adjust the schedule M, get a new 8879 signed, and re-e-file (that's probably not a word).

Thanks.

This is my second year to efile, and the first year I've gotten a reject after the 15th. (It actually just appeared yesterday, but because of the ATX glitch in acks, the reject is dated 4/15/10.)

Reject is related to $250 (client actually did not receive it). Do I have to paper file, or can I adjust the schedule M, get a new 8879 signed, and re-e-file (that's probably not a word).

Thanks.

you should be able to correct the Schedule M, have new 8879 signed and re-create the e-file and send it.