ATX Community

Billing Software

Taxizen

A good time & billing system is TPS software. It was designed for accountants, not lawyers, and does all billing & accounts receivable functions. We have used it for over 10 years now and it works fine.

Also, our Time & Chaos has a billing module attached to it, which we have not used. Love Time & Chaos, so one day we might check out their time & billing.

Maribeth

Does it have balance forward feature?

Sometimes, clients doesn't pay me on time. I want to send the invoice which shows the balance without searching through the payment history.

Any comment on this?

TPS has the full accounts receivable functions: creating invoice, accepting money, making deposits, month-end statements; all the reports needed.

Maribeth

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Taxizen,

I strongly recommend Billing Tracker Pro, which I've been using for over five years - have renewed/upgraded it twice. Check it out -- 30-day free trial -- at www.billingtracker.com

A single screen shows you *all* clients with outstanding balances, columned into "current," over 30 days, over 60 days, etc.

Another single screen lets you re-issue invoices, automatically updated to show how many days past-due -- and every other variation I've wanted to re-issue.

Overall, Billng Tracker is enormously flexible, in terms of *unlimited* number of clients AND projects AND billing-rates, logging retainers and partial payments and billing by time or project -- or other modes I have not needed, myself. It would let me customize my invoices totally, but its six default templates have been variety enough.

It also lets you time two jobs at once -- e.g., when a client calls while you're working on something else, you simply can open a new 'clock' for that call. The first is paused while you log the second.

Technically, it's lean - e.g., after all this time, its data file is only slightly over 1MB. It's also portable - i.e., I swap its datafile between a desktop and a laptop, every day.

The problem with QuickBooks Timer is that you need to be using QB for your practice -- as would be overkill for my sole proprietorship. The problem with Time & Chaos is that, when I checked it out, it cost more -- and, now, Maribeth still doesn't use its billing module. Every other billing software I looked at, a couple of years ago, did not offer the full resources of Billing Tracker at anywhere near a comparable price -- but I only can doubt that that's still the case, because I've had *no* reason look beyond BT all this time.

VTY, TaxCPANY

How are you, ATX users?

I wonder what kind of billing software you are using. I am looking for a simple and good billing software which tracks account receivable.

Would anyone recommend me?

Thanks in advance.