ATX Community

ITIN on W-2

ILLMAS

TP recieved a notice:

"Please provide a corrected Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement to support the changes you are making to your income and withholding. You should request this corrected form showing your corrected ITIN from your employer."

Is the IRS saying it's okay to use an ITIN for work?

I amended TP tax return to reflect wages he earned under a different name and SS# that does not belong to him. TP is afraid his employer will not amend the W-2 to reflect the requested change. Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

MAS

The IRS doesn't care what number they use at work as long as Tax Payers correctly report their income. Everybody knows that.. and that's the reason why we have ITINs. All people with ITINs don't have work authorization in the US.

I don't understand your explanation or question about amending the return. I believe a lot of people don't understand either and that's why you dind't get any responses to your post. Please give us more details about the amended return.

TP recieved a notice:

"Please provide a corrected Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement to support the changes you are making to your income and withholding. You should request this corrected form showing your corrected ITIN from your employer."

Is the IRS saying it's okay to use an ITIN for work?

I amended TP tax return to reflect wages he earned under a different name and SS# that does not belong to him. TP is afraid his employer will not amend the W-2 to reflect the requested change. Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

MAS