ATX Community

NT which way does you toilet and paper towels roll

bstaxes

One-fourth of the time, guys stoop less (and drip less) when toilet paper's over the top (as all my "hospitality" clients know). Three-fourths of the time it doesn't matter, BUT, there're no spills then, anyway. As for dislodging a paper-towel roll, it can happen in either case, if you yank a sheet downward. Yanking it directly toward you is better, as all the pop-in dispensers I've seen are oriented vertically.

Accounting for it all . . . TaxCPANY

Family disagreement. Should the paper towel or toilet paper unroll from the front or the back. I think it is a gender thing, the guys say one way and the the girls the other way. Which way do you unroll your paper?

Thanks for your opinion.

When I was in the Air Force, I spent a lot of time reading AF Regulations. There was one regulation that explained the proper way to hang toilet paper. I thought it was comical that they had such a regulation, but I agreed with the method they stipulated: it should roll from the top down and away from the wall. There was a saying, "There is the right way, the wrong way and the Air Force way.

Of all the things they tried to instill in me in the Air Force, I think the toilet paper issue was the only one I continued to observe after my discharge. I quit calling everyone "sir," and quit saluting as soon as I got my discharge.