ATX Community

Unlock Code

Terry D EA

I am trying to complete a 1120S return for 2004. Evidently, I did not purchase Max for that year. Why, I cannot remember. However, I called CCH to purchase one and I mean one tax return and they are willing to sell it to me for $100.00. This is another reason why I left them two years ago and am not regretting it. When ATX was in control,the entire MAX program, not just one return, could be purchased for $25.00. Would anyone be willing to lend me their unlock code for the 2004 Max Program? If anyone would be so kind, you can e-mail it to me at [email protected]. This is a zero return and I can fill the forms out from the IRS site but would like that as a last resort option. In the past ATX allowed us to do this. Thanks for any consideration.

In response to a couple of the replies, I had been with ATX for over 10 years and had minimal problems and yes, they did sell software for previous years at $25.00. Again, that was after the year of filing expired. All of our experiences with the CCH buy out are different. Some had very good experiences while others did not. I was one that did not and this situation has just added to my reassurance that I made the right choice for my practice. I appreciate the response of purchasing all the years that I need. I have the ATX software all the way back to the first version in 1994 or 1995 and only need one 1120S return which is certainly not worth a $100.00. My call to CCH was received with cold unfriendly service along with the unwillingness to address my concern. The person with whom I spoke even said I would be foolish to purchase one return for $100.00 and did not offer any other solutions. Now, if my remarks are considered "slamming CCH", then so be it. Thanks to all who have offered assistance.

• Like 1

Don't take the impersonal service too badly. Chances are the new management just wants to be sure you know who's boss. That's usually how these buyouts proceed, regardless of what industry we're talking about. Gotta dispel those old-fashioned, unrealistc expectations and whip those customers in line. We've got a bottom line to think about here...

• Like 1

Terry I was also a ATX customer since the beginning, and left for better pastures. I had the same problem, and I remember when jATX would allow the user to make copies of the CD's and give them to other users along with the codes. Someone was kind enough to give me their code to use. Unfortunately I have only 1040 for 2004 or I would give you mine. I hope by now someone was kind enough to you. If you want to use TaxWise you can download it from the TRX site along with the codes.

By the way Merry Christmas to all.