ATX Community

ERC KC et all

Pacun

Can we have a choice of selecting: I don't want to see postings with titles "Happy Birthday" or "NT"? I understand you are on vacation so a March answer is perfect.

This is what I commented on another posting titled "Where are the gurus?"

"I agree with Old Jack. We need to separate tax and business matters on this forum. Normally I only check the first page. I have missed important information because my first page is filled with Happy Birthday and other "important" stuff. I have not listed by date of birth because of that.

I do not have a face book account and this is the ONLY forum I visit. I visit this one because it is a learning experience and there are many knowledgable people on this forum. If the forum is filled with "important", non-tax stuff, our gurus will simply stop coming.

I am pretty sure that during this tax season all of us will donate to the forum. I am sure if donations are better, this forum can be better.

One suggestion is that you should be able to select, I want to see "Happy Birthday" or "NT" postings. That way, if you uncheck those two categories, you will not see anything that includes "happy birthday" or "NT" on the title. "

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's not possible to do that here. But keep in mind, during the 'busy' times, the level of 'chat' posts goes way down, it's only in off-season that they predominate. We will try to enforce the rule about using NT or Non-Tax in the headings, so that you can quickly skip over them. Then when you are ready, just mark it to show all posts as 'read' and they will not bother you when you reopen the board.