ATX Community

California E-file Question

Tax Prep by Deb

I have just completed my first two California returns and created the e-file. I notice this year that when I created the e-file the term legacy shows up for the California return. This is totally different than in the past. I have also noticed that my DCN does not show up on the CA E-file Worksheet like it has always done in the past and still does for the federal. Also the client letter shows that the return is to be paper filed. Granted I have customized my master for the federal letter to show e-file and also to combine my state letter. So I would assume that they both would show e-file. I went to customize the state letter to show that the return will be e-filed but it gives a warning not to select anything that the program will do it automatically.

Anyone else run into this problem? Should I be concerned? What about the DCN number not showing on the worksheet? It allowed me to create the file and the DCN shows up on my e-file manager.

Hopefully someone will have an answer for me.

Thanks,

Deb!

On the letter, I think you have to go into the state wizard and click the box for "this return has been e-filed" to get it to show on the combined client letter. It is a pain in the "you know what" but that is how you get it onto that letter.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Last year when I modified my federal letter to include the state letter I believe it automatically printed that the return would be e-filed.

When I try to modify my master letter this year I did exactly the same thing. I had one that printed correct but the others have been paper file.

I was going to modify my state letter and check that box, but it gives a warning about something new and not to do that, so I didn't. It said the program would automatically select it for me.

What about the DCN number not showing up on the worksheet? It shows in the e-file manager but does not show on the e-file info sheet for the state even though it does show on the federal.

Thanks,

Deb!