ATX Community

1099s and W2s

10SorTAX

I have TRX Pro Premium but I cannot figure out how to create 1099s for my client's subcontractors as we could in ATX. It was so easy to create and e-file from the software, and then just print out copies for the client, subcontractors, or employees. Has anyone been successful with this in TRX?

W2s and 1099s are in the accounting and payroll module. I haven't had a chance to really check into it yet, but it sort of looks like we may have to pay extra for that module which is not what the original deal was supposed to be. I hope I am wrong. I am also wondering if state business e-file is included. The original offer does not SAY that it is included, but it is certainly inferred that it is. I am beginning to have doubts about the software. I sure hope that I am wrong.

I am having difficulty learning the program. I have never used anything but ATX(since 1993) but I think it will be OK once I learn how to use it.

Gene,

I too had some level of difficulty learning the program. However, once you do, I think you will be okay with it. Be sure to use the peek feature alot to see the data is going to the right place. I don't like the statements as I think they look unprofessional and don't use them. I have spreadsheet templates made that I use. Just like ATX, the more you use it they easier it becomes. Another feature ATX had that TRX does not is the ability to unlock the form and enter data in a cell especially if you wanted to put an "see statement" on the form. The only part that I am still uncomfortable with is the fixed asset manager. To the best of my knowledge, the ability to process W-2 and 1099 forms wasn't part of the 299 package. I would like to get the free accounting program offered though just to give it a try.

Good evening everyone,

The comments are very nice to see and I want to take a quick minute to acknowledge what has been added here.

It is true that we have another smaill module called "Wage Reporting" that can be easily added to your current packages, and it is very inexpensive. I am not sure of the details because that is something between you and TRX, but it is simple to use and easy to access. Be sure to contact them so that you can get using it, and let me know if you have any additional thoughts or questions.

Thanks again.

Ryan

I have used the wagereportingonline software, which I think is what you are refering to. I am disappointed that the documentation is very sketchy and out of date (2009). When I tried to e-file a W-2 the notatiion in red at the top of the form says "this return has been efiled". When I click on the employee tab it shows a status of "e.file locked". What does this mean? Has the W-2 been accepted or what? Again, the user guide is not helpful and there is no support phone number or email. I have contacted TRX support, but they only have 1 individual who apparantly handles all inquiries and he is difficult to contact. If TRX is going to offer this product they need to support it better. Just my experience so far. I would appreciate others feedback/suggestions.

Art

Good evening everyone,

The comments are very nice to see and I want to take a quick minute to acknowledge what has been added here.

It is true that we have another smaill module called "Wage Reporting" that can be easily added to your current packages, and it is very inexpensive. I am not sure of the details because that is something between you and TRX, but it is simple to use and easy to access. Be sure to contact them so that you can get using it, and let me know if you have any additional thoughts or questions.

Thanks again.

Ryan

I have used the wagereportingonline software, which I think is what you are refering to. I am disappointed that the documentation is very sketchy and out of date (2009). When I tried to e-file a W-2 the notatiion in red at the top of the form says "this return has been efiled". When I click on the employee tab it shows a status of "e.file locked". What does this mean? Has the W-2 been accepted or what? Again, the user guide is not helpful and there is no support phone number or email. I have contacted TRX support, but they only have 1 individual who apparantly handles all inquiries and he is difficult to contact. If TRX is going to offer this product they need to support it better. Just my experience so far. I would appreciate others feedback/suggestions.

Art

Art,

Thank you so much for this. I have called TRX about 6 times and no one told me about this. I was told that I would receive an e-mail with instructions when the 1099/1096 forms were ready. To date I have not received anything.

I logged in to the link you gave, used my e-file info for TRX and now I can catch up with the 1099's (whew). It was a bit confusing at first but I was able to print out the 1099's within about 10 minutes.

Thanks again,

Nellie

(A new TRX user)

I, too, logged into the link Art gave and FINALLY I'm in! Unfortunately I was running out of time and I gave up on the software and bought forms, envelopes, etc. and printed them out from QuickBooks. Now I'll mail everything in instead of easily e-filing as I have for years. I have talked to TRX so many times about this problem; I don't know why they didn't give me this website. Thank you so much for posting the information here!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am disspointed to know that that info was available to everyone sooner; I will work with the necessary people to correct that for future reference.

Art, I agree with your additional feedback, and had the right team at least update the info for 2010, and have taken the suggestion for what can be done with the documention going forward.

Thank you.

Ryan