ATX Community

Puerto Rico General Info Input Form On All 1040 Returns

Crank

Every 1040 return generated incudes a Puerto Rico Information input form. I spoke to Jeremy in support who did a screen share and couldnt explain why it was showing up or how to remove it. It appears in the forms used tab. It doesnt seem to have any impact on the return but I havent completed an efile yet. He said he heard of it happening to other users and would get in touch with TaxWorks to discuss the issue.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I've only done a few sample returns and I've seen it. i didn't pay a lot of attention to it and haven't noticed if it is on all of them. I'm guessing if nothing is on it, it won't do anything?? Let us know what you find out. Maybe it is something I should worry about

I now have a blank form "SSPR-1040-SS / 1040PR U.S. Self Employment Tax Return" , another Puerto Rico form, appearing in returns with a Sch-SE (I think thats what causing it).

I'm am beginning to get more concerned with this issue.

Anyone else seeing this form?

On a somewhat related note --

Is there anyway to completely delete a form that not needed? Client had a 1099 Misc in their 2009 return. It rolled over to 2010 (as it should have). However they don't have it for this year. So I went to the drop-down box at the top (where you can add more 1099s) and chose "delete" and then marked the check box and deleted. The info is gone, but the form is still in the "used" list. I tried to delete it from there with a right click, but that only gives me the choice of "complete." It's not a big deal because there is no data there and it doesn't appear in the Review section. I'd just like it to be gone from the "used" list. This is true with the Sch C, Sch A, and a few other forms (like the one from Puerto Rico).

Thanks

Kea,

It seems like deleting unneeded forms from the "Used" tab is a bit quirky.

Ive been able to do it using the drop down "delete" funtion like you did but the forms dont disappear immediately like you would think they should. Try it again and after hitting delete, click on another form on the "used" tab. The deleted form should go away after a while. I think the real time calculations slow things down a bit since it recalcs everything. Also, make sure the form you are deleting doesnt have any information on it. You may want to use the clear form first, or whatever it is called.

Hopefully this helps you.