ATX Community

Program Help!

Tax Prep by Deb

Good morning all! Are we having fun yet?

Everything with my program seemed to be doing fine. I've done my daily updates, ect... I am no having any problem at all with my own computer which is serving as the server. My problem is as usual on the second computer that I have networked.

When I initially installed the program using net setup I had no problem at all accessing the program. However I had not opened the program in the last several days and when I tried to this morning I kept getting different messages but all relating basically to the same things, just defferent file extentions. The messages like this: Open File Security Warning, Do you want to run this file? Name ATX 2007.exe (ect...) all the warnings are alike except the name or file extension changes. This occurs both when I open the program as well as when I try closing it.

I uninstalled the network copy of atx 2007 and tried re-installing it through net setup but still having the same message. Any thoughts!

Thanks in advance,

Deb!

To correct this problem, modify the Microsoft® Internet Explorer (IE) Local intranet settings on each computer receiving this message.

To modify IE Local intranet settings

1. Double-click the My Computer desktop shortcut.

2. Under Other Places, click Control Panel.

3. Double-click Internet Options.

4. In the Internet Properties window, click the Security tab.

5. Select Local Intranet, and then click Sites.

6. Mark all three check boxes, and then click Advanced.

7. Under Add this Web site to the zone, type file://<Server Name> (where <Server Name> is your server computer's name). If you do not know the name of your server, see the procedure below.

8. Click Add, and then click OK.

9. Click OK in each open window, and then close the Control Panel.

You will now be able to open your ATX software without receiving this error.

Follow the procedure below if you need to determine the name of your server (see step 7 above).

To determine the name of your server

1. On the desktop of the server, right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Computer Name tab.

3. Note your server's name as it appears in the Full computer name field.

Thanks Nicole! That is probably one of the easiest fixes I've had to do. But I can't help but wonder why? I have other programs that are networked and I have never had this problem. Also I have networked ATX software for several years without having this happen.

Just curious, but do you have any idea why now?

Deb!

Thanks Nicole! That is probably one of the easiest fixes I've had to do. But I can't help but wonder why? I have other programs that are networked and I have never had this problem. Also I have networked ATX software for several years without having this happen.

Just curious, but do you have any idea why now?

Deb!

It's a fairly common problem, but I'm not really sure why it would all of a sudden happen.

Usually it's an IE update that causes it.

The problem started back when IE 7 became available.

It's a fairly common problem, but I'm not really sure why it would all of a sudden happen.

Usually it's an IE update that causes it.

The problem started back when IE 7 became available.

Microsoft did issue some updates this morning...if your computer is set to update automatically, it may have done so during the night...and caused this problem. I disable automatic updating during tax season and set windows update to notify me when updates are available but to NOT automatically download and install them...This way I can selectively apply the most important ones and minimize the chance of problems.

Not than any Microsoft update ever created any problems....