ATX Community

SCH C

cathyan

Has anyone had a problem with Sch C doubling the amount on the 1040? It shows a small profit ($253) on the C. When I "peek" at the 1040, Sch C amount is $528, which is the profit doubled, PLUS a small amount in Misc expenses doubled AGAIN!

Very simple - income less Supplies and Misc. When I added a bit of Mileage, it got even worse. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? But, somehow, I don't think it's me. (Shows up as C EZ in Peek)

I had this in some of my early testing. I had a 1099 Misc feed to the Sch C, but I had also done a manual entry directly on the Sch C (because I knew the amount). The software added the 2 figures.

I found out on another return that was what it was supposed to do. Client had 1099Misc AND additional income. I was looking for a place to input the extra (like in ATX), but found it just went directly on the Sch C,

Hope that helps.

I duplicated what you did on my test return and the calcualtions carried correctly to the "Peeked" C-EZ. Sorry I couldnt help. To be sure, are you refering to the Misc Exp field in Part V - Other expenses (2nd input box)? Are you sure there are no other fields with input amounts? What about fields that carry from other forms. They have one "." in front of them. I printed a cheat sheet as to what all the symbols before the fields mean until I memorize them all.

Also, you know that there are several "Options" forms that are only under the "Xpert" Tab that affect a retun, they dont appear in the "Used" tab (which seems stupid to me). You may want to double check them for anything that could be causing this.

Or Create a 2nd Sch-c in the return with the same entries and see if it does the same thing.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced this within the past couple of days? I am going to check with everyone here on what has been escalated so that I can get my arms around it, but want to know if it has happened very recently in your experience.

I am properly subscribed to this and will ensure I do what I can to close it down.

Thank you for your feedback,

Ryan

Ryan,

I still have a return that has 2 local returns after the review but only 1 in input mode. TRX support couldnt figure out the problem and Jeremy was supposed to email Red Gear but I havent heard anything.

Also, I was told the program would support all of Pennsylvania's local taxing authorities but the program only provides 3 Pa locals (Generic, Philly & Pittsburgh), They arent even in Form Filler.

I wish I remembered the name of the girl who helped me, but I don't.

And all I can remember of what she did thru screenshare was going into my C drive to TRX 2010, client files, that particular client, saw the 2 forms and somehow deleted them. She made it look easy, although it took a while to figure out where to go and what to do. Hope this helps.