ATX Community

Life of a riding lawn mower

Margaret CPA in OH

The heady joy of hot summer days cruising around the yard, feeling like an essential part of the extended family. The agony of the unseen stone hurled against tender cutting blades. The angst of the long, lonely winters, wondering if it's been forgotten -- or if summer will ever come again.

Oh, wait -- that's not the "life of a riding lawn mower" you were asking about. Phooey.

Pulling myself back from the screenplay possibilities -- OK, yes, I agree. Seven year general purpose machinery.

Catherine, that was just great! I laughed out loud and will be happy to share this with the client, giving all due credit of course. After your recently posted pictures of your 'lawn' I imagine that your imagination got a bit carried away. And I understand that the rain and sleet that we are now receiving will be more snow for a change for you. At least it's February, can spring be far behind?

SO glad that you liked it. I just saw the topic line, and my imagination carried me off.

Early February, around here, generally brings our heaviest snowfall storms (can you say "Blizzard of '78"). However, the days are getting longer and the sun has some warmth to it (when it's out, anyway).

And in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, Canada, they are now getting actual sunrise and sunset (9:30 am and 3:00 pm, respectively), and it's -22F, so it's a balmy mid-winter day for them with no warnings or advisories.

Puts it in perspective, doesn't it?

Catherine

Catherine, that was just great! I laughed out loud and will be happy to share this with the client, giving all due credit of course. After your recently posted pictures of your 'lawn' I imagine that your imagination got a bit carried away. And I understand that the rain and sleet that we are now receiving will be more snow for a change for you. At least it's February, can spring be far behind?

Ahh, perspective...I lived in Back Bay, 351 Beacon Street, in '78 ('76-'79)then Brighton until 1988 when we moved to Cincinnati. It was wonderful to experience the silence and walk through those snow walls. We had moved there from Switzerland and had enjoyed many ski trips to the Alps where the silence was such a treat. Now my mind is wandering and I really need to focus!