ATX Community

View multiple pages in Peek

John A

In "Peek" mode, how can you see the 2nd page of a form/worksheet. E.g. the 2-yr comparison: When I peek at it, I can only see page one. I have to go through the whole review process to see page 2, which takes too long!

So many questions, I know. Thanks for your help! I will try calling TRX about the issues if no one can answer them quickly here. Figure I might as well help build up the knowledgebase...

I havent found a way to view page 2 of a document in Peek mode. You can click on different docs while in Peek mode but I can still only view the 1st page. The only way I have found to see page 2 is after doing a review of the return .... not very efficient. Taxworks actually has a default 5th pane that shows the form, the TRX version doesnt ... that's the price we pay (1 of many) for a cheaper version of TaxWorks.

The strange thing about this is that the prior year functionality of "Peek" is much preferable to the current year. In 2009, when you hit Peek, it gives you a full list of pages that will be printed (in the left pane); you can click on any of them, and all "page 2"s are listed separately. It's equivalent to the the "Review" button in 2010, except you don't have to go through the (slow) audit process. If there's any way the functionality can be reverted to the same as the 2009 program, I vote yea.

Thanks.

The strange thing about this is that the prior year functionality of "Peek" is much preferable to the current year. In 2009, when you hit Peek, it gives you a full list of pages that will be printed (in the left pane); you can click on any of them, and all "page 2"s are listed separately. It's equivalent to the the "Review" button in 2010, except you don't have to go through the (slow) audit process. If there's any way the functionality can be reverted to the same as the 2009 program, I vote yea.

Thanks.

You can go to 'VIEW' and 'Review without audits'

Hey everyone,

I find out one more little thing that may help; it isn't great, but may be better than reviewing the return. If you are on page 2, then peek, you will see page 2. So clicking "peek" will let you view what page you are on, but does in fact, only show that page and will not let you scroll or get through each of them from that view.

That will at least make it so you can take the quick peek from a page you are on.

Thanks,

Ryan