ATX Community

Program Issues

Jack from Ohio

Hello there fellow warriors....

Is anyone else having issues with the program duplicating forms, popping error messages, not being able to create e-files, etc? Dozens of instances just today.

Server with 10-13 clients depending on the work load. I have updated regularly, and even did a complete repair of the database. Shut down all workstations, and rebooted server. The issue is NOT my network. Tax Year 2009, exact same network, operating systems etc., these problems did not exist.

Am I losing it or is there a major internal infrastructure change in the program this year making it very unstable??

I do not want to spend 2 hours on the phone with tech services. Any suggestions? I/we have been using ATX since 2002, and I have become intimately familiar with the internal working and technical aspects of the program. This has me stumped.

Any suggestions? Do the gurus(?) at ATX or CCH ever monitor this board? Perish the thought!!

Jack, I have also been having some of those problems. I can be working in a return when I get an CCH Error Message and have to shut down the program and restart. I also notice the program is a lot slower in opening files or when saving returns etc. I have had far more malfunctions this year than ever before. I too have not taken the time to call tech support yet, but at some point somthing needs to be done.

Otherwise things are not going too bad this season. Totally buried with returns but thats normal. :rolleyes:

The only strange thing happening with me is when I'm editing the client's federal letter, which has 'this return will be e-filed' in the options box, it will all by itself remove that check-box, and revert to the 'mail' letter instructions. When I go back to the options box to again check 'this return will be e-filed' there's a red message that states something like 'this return was rejected - please fix the errors and try again'.

So I again check the e-file box and go back to editing my letter.

Very strange.

Lynn

Hello there fellow warriors....

Is anyone else having issues with the program duplicating forms, popping error messages, not being able to create e-files, etc? Dozens of instances just today.

Server with 10-13 clients depending on the work load. I have updated regularly, and even did a complete repair of the database. Shut down all workstations, and rebooted server. The issue is NOT my network. Tax Year 2009, exact same network, operating systems etc., these problems did not exist.

Am I losing it or is there a major internal infrastructure change in the program this year making it very unstable??

I do not want to spend 2 hours on the phone with tech services. Any suggestions? I/we have been using ATX since 2002, and I have become intimately familiar with the internal working and technical aspects of the program. This has me stumped.

Any suggestions? Do the gurus(?) at ATX or CCH ever monitor this board? Perish the thought!!

Finally caved in and called tech support.

Condensed version....

If you are using a network with a server and are running Server 2003 on the server, you will be having all the program issues I mention.

ATX 2010 uses Net Framework 3.5. ATX 2009 used Net Framework 2.0.

Server 2003 works well with Net Framework 2.0.

Server 2003 does NOT WORK WELL with Net Framework 3.5.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS CCH MANAGEMENT... IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE FOR YOUR TECHNICAL PEOPLE THAT DECIDED TO UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE TO INCLUDE A CHANGE THAT HAS KNOWN ISSUES WITH A VERY WIDELY USED SERVER SOFTWARE, COULD HAVE AT LEAST PUT SOMETHING ABOUT IT IN THE KNOWLEDGEBASE, INCLUDED A BLURB IN THE INSTALL PROGRAM, ETC.

2 HOURS TOTAL DOWN TIME FOR 7 PREPARERS WHILE I DELETED AND REINSTALLED THE PROGRAM TO "TRICK" THE SERVER INTO NOT NOTICING THE PROGRAM USES NET FRAMEWORK 3.5.

MY CRYSTAL BALL IS BEING USED ENTIRELY FOR FINDING MISSING TAX INFORMATION FOR MY CLIENTS AND IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT TILL AT LEAST JUNE.

If you are having issues listed above, contact me, I will save you the long hold times for tech support.

CCH is nearly pushed me to the edge of jumping ship with this one.