ATX Community

Requesting Acknowledgements

Terry O

Every time I check for acknowledgments or transmit a return - - I get he following ERROR:

Failed to connect to an EFC server

I have a FIOS connection - -and am able to update the program - -nothing changed -and I have no idea how to correct it.

Had anyone else had this happen today??

No problems today, but I have had problems in the past with my firewall blocking the connection.

Ok - -now it's been a day - -apparently - -something was "re-set" when the modem was rebooted. We have Mozilla Firefox - -does anyone have a suggestion where I should start to re-set the firewall ???

Thanks!

Click on start, run, type control and press enter (simply go to control panel), click on windows firewall and turn it off.

If you have a firewall on the your router, you might want to disable it there too. Have you rebooted? Just checking.

After you finish, you can go back and enable your firewall.

how do you reset firewall on router

Before you go so far as to disable the firewall on the router, I would check the firewall on your Anti-virus software and disable that. Depending on the which one you use, you can go into the settings and disable it.

Disabling on the router should be a last resort.

OK - -sooooooooooooooooooooooo called support at 8 am - - NO KIDDING - -after going through the automated maze - -actually spoke to a wonderful lady - -who - -after almost 40 minutes could not help me - - - - BUT - -she transferred me to Tech Support Guru Tom - - -who took over my computer & fixed whatever the heck was wrong - -I am up & running - - - - - YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

This is NOT the support nightmare of years ago - - -