ATX Community

2010 Program Load Time

Monty

Please forgive me if this is a repost, I have tried to search all the relavent topics but nothing seems to grasp this

I have a new computer that I am running the ATX 2010 Program with, Windows 7 64-bit.

I am having serious load time issues with the program which the ATX support people have not been able to help me with. When I click on the shortcut, or actual .exe file, the program will take anywhere from 10-30 minutes to actually come up. When I click on the file, almost immediately the TAX2010.EXE comes up in my task manager but it still takes a long time to load the program for use. Once loaded the program is fast and responsive.

Every other computer and operating system I have ever used never had this problem.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you in advance

The best advice I can offer with so little information would be to get back with tech support, ask for an upper level tech, explaining that you have already tried the lower level help without success, and keep insisting until someone figures out the problem. It is most likely some kind of conflict with some other program, but what and why is beyond my 'guessing' ability.

What I DO know is that this is not normal. I've run the program on a Win 7 computer, with no abnormal start-up issues. And I am 'assuming' that you've already tried removing the program after backing up and renaming the database, and then did a new clean install, and that did not solve the problem?

Please forgive me if this is a repost, I have tried to search all the relavent topics but nothing seems to grasp this

I have a new computer that I am running the ATX 2010 Program with, Windows 7 64-bit.

I am having serious load time issues with the program which the ATX support people have not been able to help me with. When I click on the shortcut, or actual .exe file, the program will take anywhere from 10-30 minutes to actually come up. When I click on the file, almost immediately the TAX2010.EXE comes up in my task manager but it still takes a long time to load the program for use. Once loaded the program is fast and responsive.

Every other computer and operating system I have ever used never had this problem.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you in advance

I don't use ATX, but I have windows 7 64 bit and have been told to run some programs as the administrator. If that don't work try right clicking on the icon, and go to compatability mode, and try running it in windows XP mode.

Hope that works for you.

Remove all of your "Intenet Security Suite" software.

Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials.

Reinstall an Anti-Virus and an Anti-Spyware program only. INSTALL ONLY ONE!

If you do not have a router, activate the Windows Firewall.

You have more than one program protecting you. They are conflicting with each other.

You need Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware protection ONLY. The rest is unneeded junk.

This from First Hand Experience on a new Quad Core Windows 7 Pro 64 bit machine that BLASTS through ATX now.

Having Windows 7 and 64 bit OS doesn't tell us much.

How many processors?

What kind of processors?

How much RAM?

How much disk space?

Is the database shared on another computer?

If shared on another computer, what kind of cabling do you have?

I am sure I can come up with more questions if I had the time.

Having Windows 7 and 64 bit OS doesn't tell us much.

How many processors?

What kind of processors?

How much RAM?

How much disk space?

Is the database shared on another computer?

If shared on another computer, what kind of cabling do you have?

I am sure I can come up with more questions if I had the time.

Intel i7 Quad Core @ 3.07GHz

6GB RAM

2TB disk space

The database is not shared, it is a stand alone system

Gigabyte Motherboad X58A-UD5

AVG Anti-Virus

No other virus/spyware programs

I have tried to uninstall everything with new databases and such but that did not work

I have tried to run the program as administrator and I have changed the compatibility mode several times.

very strange

Have you tried disabling the virus and firewall during start-up of the program... one or both could be blocking the updates, if you are set up to auto-update.

If you are set up to auto-update, try turning that off and starting the program. It just sounds like the virus and firewall software could be the problem.