ATX Community

No service = No access codes

Oh Baby!

So I renewed a week ago (last Monday to be exact) and still have not received my access codes. They promised me it would come by e-mail but nothing has been received. I'd love to log on to MyATX, but the good folks changed my username and/or password and I now have no way of getting on.........I guess I'll just spend the time testing other tax software.

Make sure you have ATX listed in your Contacts, so that it does not get blocked by your spam filter. Also, a call might get it for you over the phone. And remember, if you have trouble with your password, to read the posts already on here about getting that corrected. There are lots of great tips already posted on that subject.

At some point you've got to do what's best for you and complain about the service with your feet next year if you believe that's what's called for.

I only renewed this past Thursday afternoon; didn't get the promised email, so I called on Friday afternoon. The rep gave me the code over the phone and followed up with an email. As KC pointed out, my spam filter may have trapped the email, but it was easier to call & ask than to search the spam inbox for something from them.

When I renewed my firms software, (Dec 20, MAX plus unlimited license = $1,500) I was told politely by a very young sounding lady with an almost cavalier attitude that her system cound NOT generate the installation codes, and it would have to come from some other department. This is totally opposite from ATX service.

I/we are DEFINITELY voting with our feet next year. Inconsistent answers from sales people, cavalier attitudes, I would be fired from my firm for those things.

If CCH is listening, or even cares, they have lost 2 six year customers. (The sales people seemed unconcerned about me expressing these thought when I talked to them)

>>The sales people seemed unconcerned about me expressing these thoughts when I talked to them.<<

Same with me. So why should we think they would be concerned since those sales people are not ATX employees. ATX telephone calls have been dumped on TaxWise employees! What would you do if you were a TaxWise employee?

I'll have to agree with the comments about the sales department. One reason my my late renewal was a little negotiation I was carrying on with them on a relatively minor matter, partly because I believe the sales department gives one a pretty good indication of management's respect for their customer, or lack thereof. I was trying to add some info on whether this is a company I want to plan to do business with for the long haul.

The non-accounting half of my work life is spent selling biomedical capital equipment in a professional setting, so I have some strong opinions on what constitutes valid sales practices vs gutter selling. I'll have to say that my experience with them was nothing for them to be proud of. Each sales person tried their best and did a decent job of trying to service the customer. However, when my requests caused them to consult with their manager, the response they were told to give me was only worthy of the sleaziest car dealer I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Very disappointing and not an encouraging sign for any future relationship.

I got my first client appointment for Saturday at 11AM. Since I had the software, I thought I was going to call, pay and get the installation code. Saturday at 9:15AM I called and I gave them my credit card information. Then I was told the codes were going to be sent my email to me in the next 2 business day. I AM GOING TO CHANGE SOFTWARE NEXT YEAR. I work with computers for a living and I don't care if I have to learn one more program next year. I hope next year we call this site Taxpreparerscommunity.com