ATX Community

Timely renewal information

Jack from Ohio

Has anyone else tried to renew their ATX subscription with CCH today??

Been on hold 25 minutes now, and doubt that I will speak to anyone. Love getting letters 10 days after they are dated, and just 1 business day before the offer expires.

There is a website listed to renew online, so I tried that to expedite things rather then wait on the phone. Message says:

Thank you for your interest in renewing your software. Give us a call at 1-800-495-4626 to complete your renewal for tax year 2010. We’re available Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm Eastern. Online renewal for tax year 2011 will be available on April 1, 2011.

There is no place to go further. So much for CCH taking proper care of their website.

Each year at renewal time, I question my choice to stay with them....

Me too...I hung up and sent an email because I had a couple of questions on renewing. I was wondering if we could cancel before the software shipped should we want to? Does anyone know? What advantage does deferred payment give a subscriber other than locking in a price (there is no discount for that)?

I do have a form I can fax in. Not sure if I will...

Incidentally TRX answered the phone straight away when I called for a demo of their new software....hmmm

I called today got the rep and was asked to hold after waiting 15 minutes I hung up. Called back and got voice mail. Left message about renewal. Called back prior to 5 pm and got mail box is full and sent to another mail box could not leave message there either. I just finished e-mailing to their sales dept what happen. Is this a sign of the way tax season will go???

I am not a happy camper with their service.

I called today got the rep and was asked to hold after waiting 15 minutes I hung up. Called back and got voice mail. Left message about renewal. Called back prior to 5 pm and got mail box is full and sent to another mail box could not leave message there either. I just finished e-mailing to their sales dept what happen. Is this a sign of the way tax season will go???

I am not a happy camper with their service.

Dear Valued ATX Customer,

Thank you to all of our customers who are calling or going online to renewtheir ATX tax software today!

Due to extremely high call volume, we are extending the early renewal deadlineto Friday, June 3, 2011. You now have until Friday to renew and take advantageof the 10% discount or deferred payment offer.

We are also extending the deadline for our early renewal sweepstakes.

Thank you for being an ATX customer. Again, we apologize for any inconvenienceyou may have experienced today when trying to renew.

I renewed last Thursday and had no problem getting through. Maybe you should not wait until the last day to do it.

Received my quote with special pricing on Friday May 27. The letter was dated May 18. I am in Ohio, the letter came from Georgia. That only left one business day.

I waited 45 minutes, finally talked to my rep, got things handled. Informed him that the site to renew on was down also.

Received my quote with special pricing on Friday May 27. The letter was dated May 18. I am in Ohio, the letter came from Georgia. That only left one business day.

I waited 45 minutes, finally talked to my rep, got things handled. Informed him that the site to renew on was down also.

Talked with a nice lady at CCH today (June 3), Doreen Milton. Got through right away. Renewed quickly, she was very pleasant. She said it was just a horror show on 5/31/11, she was so glad things had calmed down.

Maribeth