ATX Community

post 10/17 returns

michaelmars

The IRS claims they are going by zip codes. My software company told me they would announce if an update goes out Tuesday morning with any designation for individual returns. For NY returns, use the special condition code box and enter D3; if paper filing, also write Hurricane Irene on the top center of the front page (NYS Dept. of Taxation & Finance N-11-8).

Updated 10-13-11: Legacy and MeF 1040 efile deadlines-also refer to the IRS Quick Alert at the bottom of this email.

The deadline for timely efiled 1040 returns (legacy or MeF) is Oct 17 at midnight (we recommend that you send your efiles to us at least 2 hours ahead of the deadline to give our EFC ample time to send to IRS)

Any rejects should be fixed and resubmitted by Oct 22nd

The IRS will continue to accept efiles after Oct 17th, but they may not be considered timely filed. The deadline to efile legacy 1040 returns is Oct 31st midnight, whether or not an extension was filed, and whether or not affected by the disaster designations. But those returns will not be considered timely filed unless they have the disaster designation on them.

The IRS will continue to accept efiles after Oct 17th, but they may not be considered timely filed. The deadline to efile legacy 1040 returns is Oct 31st midnight, whether or not an extension was filed, and whether or not affected by the disaster designations. But those returns will not be considered timely filed unless they have the disaster designation on them.

this is a partial of what was released by the irs yesterday, i too heard they are going by zip code but this doesn't say it. also alot of client use there business address or even ours for mailing purposes so zip code might not be accurate. i anticipate alot of notices to deal with next month. Thanks for the NY info, i didn't even think about what to put on the states.