ATX Community

Problem creating a PDF file

GULFPORTCPA

Just today when I try to create an PDF file of a tax return and I hit to save the file the Print Manager screen won't go away and I can't do anything but reboot.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? I go on line every day and update and I even reloaded my original disk and nothing works. I can print from the Print Mgr screen, it just freezes up when I try to save a created PDF file.

Just today when I try to create an PDF file of a tax return and I hit to save the file the Print Manager screen won't go away and I can't do anything but reboot.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? I go on line every day and update and I even reloaded my original disk and nothing works. I can print from the Print Mgr screen, it just freezes up when I try to save a created PDF file.

Hi

No, you are not the only one experiencing that problem, this morning after update my program, I was dealing with the same problem you had just described.

I had to reboot my computer too.

I used the ATX PDF creator only twice. It is very poorly engineered. I use pdfactory extensively. The files it creates are small, and it is solid as a rock. You can find this on the cd from 2004 or earlier. Navigate to the setuppdf.exe file (I think I got the name right) and run it. It will install pdfactory on your system and it acts just like a printer.

Another "technical" issue that affects everyday use that was ignored since the 2005 tax season. I was told that they were going to "reconfigure" the PDF writer in ATX. :huh:

It worked fine for me, both prior and after a program update.

I just got off the phone with Tech Support for ATX. Yes they really do have a true teckie. Of course it took me 45 mins and 3 transfers to get one but when I did he came into my computer via the internet and worked my computer with my guidence and saw first hand exactly what the problem was. He then put me on hold for about a minute and came back and said that ATX was aware of the problem and that it affects rollovers more than newly created return files and it's also hit and miss meaning it can work for you now and the next time it won't which explains the previous post. He said he will call me as soon as he is aware that ATX has fixed it.