ATX Community

MASS AMENDED RETURN

GeorgeM

I have a Mass amended return to complete. TRX PRO only has the CA6 form without the worksheet.

What do I have to send in to the State of MA, the return will have a balance due.

I see only sending in a completed Form 1, with the words "Amended return" printed on page 1.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Massachusetts amended returns go best when you drown them in paper. If you send in the CA-6 alone (which is, as Jack notes, the amendment form -- for ALL Mass. returns), the first thing you'll get back is a notice asking for supporting documentation.

I have always sent in the CA-6, followed by a new Form 1, marked across the top "As Amended" and with highlighter to call attention. I also append a copy of the original Form 1, marked and highlighted across the top "As Originally Filed". With all that paperwork, the amendment goes through smoothly.

It also means that you can use the "changed" line items on the CA-6 just for the crucial items (of which one is always "total tax").

Catherine

• Like 1