ATX Community

Mass tax forms efiling

linkaccounting

Taxwise is approved to e-file mass return but ATX is not approved. ATX is estimating that at the end of January will get approval. How can this be when they are owned by same company. ATX has no excuse for not getting mass approval. Very disturbing.

Especially since we've never had to wait this long for MA efile before!

Taxwise is approved to e-file mass return but ATX is not approved. ATX is estimating that at the end of January will get approval. How can this be when they are owned by same company. ATX has no excuse for not getting mass approval. Very disturbing.

I was at the Mass EA Society meeting last Thursday and we had as our speaker the brand-new MassDOR commissioner. She said that they (=MassDOR) have been slow getting vendors authorized this year as a result of the changes _they_ had to make after the Federal changes. But they have approved vendors covering 95% of last year's e-filers, and hope to have several other vendors approved in the next week or so, covering 99% of last year's e-filers.

Does that help?

Catherine

I e-mailed them tonight and actually got a reply. It's the PAPER copies that won't be ready until 2/14. The e-file forms don't even have an estimated date. Totally unacceptable. Here is their reply:

"The most informaiton that I can give you at the moment is that we are doing the best that we can on the MA forms and as soon as they are available then they will be made available to you."

I mentioned to them that there are clients who need early returns done due to college financial aid forms etc. What will they do to re-imburse us when clients go elsewhere when we can't file their returns.

Wendy F. Katz EA