ATX Community

E-filed Returns not showing up in Federal Where's my refund

Tax Prep by Deb

I just had a similar question under the heading "My ATX". Another poster gave this response:

Updated 2-2-12--Message from TPG to their customers: IRS FUNDING DELAYS FOR RTs

With the enhancement of multiple processing systems this year, many of you are aware of the processing delays at the IRS. There is conflicting information on when refunds will be disbursed based on all the IRS channels (website, automated number and taxpayer hotline), and from what we understand the IRS is working on resolving these issues and will release a message soon addressing this. In the meantime, our customer service representatives will be referring taxpayers to check the IRS website and hotline more frequently for a better gauge on when to expect their refund rather than contacting us since the IRS will be the best source to determine the delivery date of their refund once they update their channels. We ask that you refer your clients to those channels before contacting us as well. If the IRS has disbursed their refund, we will assure the customer that we will send out their proceeds within 24 hours of receipt.

HELPFUL TIP: For assistance with these clients, we have posted a notice called "IRS Refund Delays" under the ‘Downloadable Forms’ link when you log in to the TPG website. This can help you explain to your customer what may have happened.

I'm also telling my clients to expect delays of a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy thing about all of this is that I have clients I put in on the first week of acceptance of efile and they still have not received refunds and client i put in last week are getting theirs no problem. Its still hit and miss on ones that get through but its just nerve racking bc clients first outbursts are usually to me but I have no control over IRS but they seem to think so... SMH!!! :wall:

• Like 1