ATX Community

1065 k-1 allocation

grandmabee

I have a 1065 that one partner left and I need to allocate his income etc to his k-1 for the peroid he was in the partnership

I have the figures from my books but trying to figure out to get into atx program to show 25% share for all for half year then 33.3 for the 3 left last half of year

thanks for any help

I remember one I had simular to this years ago. will recheck my notes. It seems I worked part of it and then the second part to get individual #'s and then figured the % on the whole. an attorney that did a will with per stirups(spelled wrong) showed me how to possibility get the numbers to come out right. Had to fight software to get it to act right. Will see if I can come up with the notes.

With an S-corp split I did a few years ago, I knew, as you, the end result needed. So I backed into the appropriate percentages to input to allow the software to manage the figures. I made sure the calculations for support were well documented and asked a colleague to review as well. The shareholders were satisfied with the explanation and the support calculations and, with no contact from IRS, I believe IRS was satisfied as well having received a report of the actual transaction.