ATX Community

NT - Laugh

Kea

Hmmm... not sure if I'm "qualified" -- are your a "tax return"?

Maybe I can get some more training and become a tax return preparer repairer??? I can see a big demand for that profession!

I am already seeing this. I have a very, very small practice, with the intent to retire, yeah right. I have had 10 "redo's" this year involving at least three back years from "legitimate preparers." I guess I qualify as a "repairer." Short example: Special needs adoption handled as "regular adoption. Did not carryover any expenses, even though wrong, was about 2K. After amending, the 2010 refund went from $350 to $23k plus.

Great repair job!!! My best repair was amending for an IRS nastygram (self prepared). Went from IRS bill of $8K to getting minor (additional) refund. Originally reported stock gain / loss as selling price and commission for basis; and took state sales tax deduction without adding for city.)

• Like 1

My husband reports that he has often heard me muttering form numbers and tax terms in my sleep in the thick of the season. I can report many dreams of forms, numbers, returns, etc. I have _never_, however, dreamed of listening to that horrid muzak while on "ignore" with the IRS. First time I do that, I'm quitting!

• Like 1

I remember one year my mother-in-law asking me if my husband would like a pair of Levi 501 jeans for his birthday in May. I asked him later that week if he would like a pair of 501-c-9 jeans, and got very frustrated that he did not know what I was talking about - until he finally repeated what I said and I realized that there are no 501-c-9 jeans! :spaz: