ATX Community

Client Labels

mcb39

I had not noticed that! But I already printed my labels from the 2011 ATX program..

That's where all the client's names and address are.. I don't "rollover" returns until they are coming in.

But my complaint has always been that it only let's you print on size of label! Hope they fix that.

Many of my address are too long to fit on the AVery 5160 labels. I have to use the 5161 labels... they are 1" x 4" 20 per page. So I have to set-up my client manager and export list to excel. My daughter is an expert in excel-- unlike myself. So once again I had to call her and have her remind me how to do a "mail-merge" in Microsoft Office. It's interesting you save the file in excel, close excel, then open Microsoft Office and go to "tools" at the top. Choose "letters & mailings". Then choose mail merge...

and the fun begins! But it does work as long as you know how to use mail merge.

When I called my daughter all I had to say was "Well, it's that time of year again!" She laughed and said "are you trying to mail-merge again!"

taxtrio

• Like 1

I had not noticed that! But I already printed my labels from the 2011 ATX program..

That's where all the client's names and address are.. I don't "rollover" returns until they are coming in.

But my complaint has always been that it only let's you print on size of label! Hope they fix that.

Many of my address are too long to fit on the AVery 5160 labels. I have to use the 5161 labels... they are 1" x 4" 20 per page. So I have to set-up my client manager and export list to excel. My daughter is an expert in excel-- unlike myself. So once again I had to call her and have her remind me how to do a "mail-merge" in Microsoft Office. It's interesting you save the file in excel, close excel, then open Microsoft Office and go to "tools" at the top. Choose "letters & mailings". Then choose mail merge...

and the fun begins! But it does work as long as you know how to use mail merge.

When I called my daughter all I had to say was "Well, it's that time of year again!" She laughed and said "are you trying to mail-merge again!"

taxtrio

This is the main reason for producing offspring that are smarter than us! I exploit the extensive knowledge and intelligence of my children on a regular basis.
  • Like 1

I ordered EZ Home and Office Address Book v7.0. Five stars on Amazon. Check it out at elwoodsoftware.com. Sounds really easy and totally flexible. Can also import csv files and price is right. I have the Printshop on my old computer, but will not work with Win 7. I have been meaning to update for a while and was going to get current version of that program, but when I started reading revues, this is what I found. I got the nicest email from the creator of the program after I ordered. Sounds like total support and free updates until whenever. Reminds me of Medlin for Payroll, who posts on this board. The same nice folksy feel of the small company that I have loved with Medlin for years. :read:

Printmaster, not Printshop. My old Printmaster 15 program is WIN7 compatible.

Jack, I was aware that you said Printmaster. I just happen to have two older versions of Printshop of my XP computer and in the course of looking at the version that would work with Win7, I found the Address Book program that I ordered. I can still do business cards, etc on the XP computer so don't need all those extras. However, my 2002 XP computer can probably not handle another year of ATX. I am aware that I can print labels from the 2011 program, but I am hoping for some new clients this year.