ATX Community

Update 4.0.0.10 Release

TRX 1

Highlights for Update 4.0.0.10

• Corrected issue which caused the CTC box not to be checked for a dependent on Interview Mode.
  • Corrected issue which prevented information from Form 5405 to carry to line 59b of Form 1040.
  • Updated Schedule A Sales Tax Worksheet.
  • Corrected issue which caused some Social Security numbers to be treated as ITIN.
  • Corrected bug causing miscalculation for Form 3903 line 5
  • Corrected issues which automatically placed date on part III of form 8879.
  • Fixed issues regarding form updates and calculations in ATFP.

Federal Forms for 2012 & Printing added.

To Doug

I don't understand how anyone can be satisfied with this program even it works properly.

I am glad I have only a few returns with depreciation. The depreciation forms are horrible, and the description in the tree should read what the property is not numbered 1, 2, 3 ect. I have a return with 15 different items and you have to open each one to find the one you want to make adjustments.

Whoever designed this program had no idea what they were doing. I cannot even find a depreciation report of all the items.

And the idea of using all the space on the screen is horrible. I have a wide screen and cannot utilize it with this program.

I am still waiting for someone to bring the employer database forward for me because the proforma will not work on my computer.

Not a happy camper. :wall:

• Like 1

George, you are not alone. I was at the webinar and some of us raised the issue that we do not have a typical depreciation report that shows all the assets, with methods and amounts. The report we had in the Redgear product. This product you have to see each asset separately which is really backwards in my opinion.

I agree the forms tree should spell out in English the detail not the codes and W2 (01) does not help if you have 5 W2s.

The EIN database from 2011 does come forward when you go to proforma. There is a dropdown box on that screen that you have to select Employer instead of Client and the previous EIN will move BUT you can't see them until you start a new W2 and type an existing EIN # then it will show up on the W2.

We are all praying that this is ready for jan 30th. I already have a full day's appointments. Never had so much stress in a tax season!!!!

The EIN database from 2011 does come forward when you go to proforma. There is a dropdown box on that screen that you have to select Employer instead of Client and the previous EIN will move BUT you can't see them until you start a new W2 and type an existing EIN # then it will show up on the W2.

We are all praying that this is ready for jan 30th. I already have a full day's appointments. Never had so much stress in a tax season!!!!

I was not able to bring forward my clients through the proformer, TRS had to do this for me. And they are still trying to get my biggest client to come forward. They did not get tje e,[;puers fprward/ O jave troed tp p[em a retirm amd emter tje EON and nothing happens. :wall:

I was not able to bring forward my clients through the proformer, TRS had to do this for me. And they are still trying to get my biggest client to come forward. They did not get tje e,[;puers fprward/ O jave troed tp p[em a retirm amd emter tje EON and nothing happens. :wall:

George did you make a full backup after tax season ended in 2012? If yes why don't you unistall TRX 2011 completely and then reinstall from your CD, use default directories please, and then do the updates (Be patient because you will have to do a full yrs.) and after that restore the backup. It is worth giving a shot what do you have to lose except for your time.

Redgear was nice in that it allowed you to rename forms on the tree and it put names on the forms such as the w-2s. Depreciation summarys in Taxexact arent as helpful at the moment.

I miss that baby more now than ever!!!!

We are all praying that this is ready for jan 30th.

Most preparers are already working with clients. Smaller business clients have their accounting done - I can get 90+% of their return done. When February 1st hits, I'll just access the return, it'll automatically recalculate to the final update, I print and efile. <5 minutes. I can't imagine why / how January 30th is the deadline for a WORKING copy.

This week I had to get out all my W-2s. TaxExact was worthless. How in the world did January 22nd become an acceptable deadline for that? Imagine delivering it to a client the day they are required to deliver to the employees. Mind boggling but I'm 100% confident the software will be deemed "good enough" to avoid refunds.

what i gather from the regular atx community panic attack forum...depreciation will not work until the irs releases the schedule (late feb/march? lol).

personally, i am preparing for a long and hard tax season slog...and any return with a dep sch is backed up to the end of the line.

hopefully, there will be an extended filing deadline (for late filing penalty purposes)...in addition to the available 6 month extension period.

I am more concerned about the functionality and stability of the software than one particular form that IRS has not released.

As i said before this probably will be the most stressful tax season for most of us who are dealing with software glitches. I hate to work in a situation where I am helpless and must depend on my faith that the software will function properly at a such late stage in the game.

In most years by this time i have finished doing test returns, and realy to roll. :spaz:

Just tried a new client with Sch A and Form 8863 (Education Credits). On Sch A any employee business expense statements does not list either on the form or a separate statement, BUT the totals adds to the line # (Very strange). Also when you add the Education Credits form a statement form attaches automatically and the fields start with Lbl__

It is all cryptic. So I closed the return and then reopened and then I could see the data. I believe this is a bug. During tax season we can't be expected to close and open returns every time we add a form and this Bs appears on the form.

TRX1 can you please have your boys do a better quality checking before releasing. Form 1040EZ and 1040A has address formatting issues (The zip code is before city and strett address)!!

TRX1 can you please have your boys do a better quality checking before releasing. Form 1040EZ and 1040A has address formatting issues (The zip code is before city and strett address)!!

They did 50,000 returns last year per Doug. Doesn't it sort of make you wonder how that was remotely possible with all of these very basic problems?

When i commented on the Peek feature now working I was told my computer likely wasn't strong enough because they weren't having a problem with it. Supposedly they just fixed it this week?

Did another new return 1040 with Sch A and this time I added 4 employee business expenses. Now a statement attaches to the return with the detail as it should BUT the Sch A still list sthe last item with a 0. The totals on that line are correct. Very bizzare. I think they need to fix the programming so that if there is more than 1 item on that line it should say "See Statement #" I think that was in the Redgear product.

You would think they would have copied this stuff from their own product instead of me wasting my Sat. morning having fits! :wall: :wall:

Just added Sch C to a new return and what do I see, the same LBL_ fields. So I closed the return and reopened BUT this time it is still there. I tried to print but no go. So here are the LBLs:

LBL_181133

LBL_1_181134

LBL_3_181134

What do they mean and how are we suppose to figure out what it is?

I was about to uninstall the software completely, but got a phone call so had to stop! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Taxed,

I am not seeing those forms sarting with "LBL" on either Sch C or Sch A.

BTW Im running Windows Vista Home Premium 64Bbit, purchased in late 2008, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550, 4GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 9800GTX graphics card. Wondering if any of these issues could be system related. I hope not.

Crank there is no form called LBL. What it is some field called LBL_ (bunch of #s) that in on Schedule C. I am not sure what the purpose is and how it impacts the final return. But on some other forms when you first open these LBLs are all over the place and you have to close and reopen the return to get rid of them.

My computer is Intel Dual core with 2GB memory, 520GB HDD and Windows XP Pro. Never had any issues with any other software including the Redgear product before. I like XP therefore i am not switching to Win 7 or 8.

Forgot to mention. Sch A does not have the sales tax option or the prior year balance due input. No PMI field though i see a field called reserved and I think they just have not activated it. Next round of testing will be after next update. I hope there is one Monday because I have to make some serious decisions next week.