ATX Community

2012 Software is awful

CdogTdog

I have been an atx user since 2001. I have NEVER seen so many problems. It is wasting my time, I am unable to complete projects, I have to re do work, in addition to starting and restarting the program. Thankfully I see many people with these same problems. I am now getting "an application update has been applied to the network" and I have to shut down my software and restart in several times a day. I also get this happening doing something as simple as trying to attach a client letter. Problem is I am not on a network and I am current with all updates.

After downloading 12.5 (which took about 30 minutes) I STILL am unable to rollover prior year returns. In order to complete these I have to re-enter data and start a brand new return which again is taking extra time.Try doing this with a large corporate return with lots of fixed assets. Call customer service? that's a joke, 30 min wait times, and I just give up. Emails not returned. Program is costing me time and money. What do you think atx cch will do to compensate me for these problems??? Nothing. Next year i am going with Lacerte. Garbage.

I had the same problem but not after doing this:

Close the 2012 program.

Download the update to your desktop.

I used the suggestion in a previous thread a few days ago to rename a 2012 file to 2012.old, which essentially says you have none of the 2012 forms. (sorry, but i could not find the post on this, maybe someone else can help)Do this before you install the update.

Install the update from the desktop.

If the program opens, close and reopen.

Select update..Manual.

The program downloaded over 1200 forms.

Close the program after the download and restart.

Try rolling over a return and opening it.

This worked for me.

I had that same issue as the OP after installing update 12.5. Late last night I reinstalled the update again simply by clicking on the desktop icon again. I didn't download it a second time from the website, just used the same one I had used the first time around. Somehow everything is working now and the program no longer things I'm on a network. My program is installed as a standalone.

Nope, still not fixed. The "network update" box is still popping up at random times and shutting me down. I can't work on returns like this at all.

One of the early posters about the "Network Update" issue that posted on the official ATX site just posted over there that he received a call from ATX's technical that It looks like they've figured out the problem and will be posting an update. I sure hope so. I hate to think like this, but I'm ready to ask for a refund and purchase something else.

• Like 1