ATX Community

Has Anyone Disputed TRX On Credit Card?

Crank

Guest Taxed

PayPal refuses to do anything about this problem because they claim as per their policy we should have requested refund within 60 days of first billing. We paid by PayPal in April of 2012 (to get the renewal rate), software did not ship until December 2012. PayPal could care less that TRX collects well in advance to delivery. I guess we can't use PayPal for any renewal type payment with this 60 day nonsense.

I found out yesterday that Discover will not be refunding my TRX purchase. Say they cant do anything about it since its from April 2012 even though the software wasnt delivered untill late December 2013.

I escalated the call to the manager and they wouldnt go beyond him even though I strongly suggested it. They offered me a $150 credit from them which I declined and had them file a notice with some higher up office. Didnt seem to matter that I said other large credit card issuers had refunded.

Ive had this credit card since 1993 and have used it almost exlusively on a monthly bais with never a late payment, nor have I ever paid less than the total balance each month so I have never paid them any interest ...maybe thats the problem. I threatened to close the account since this is the second time in 12 months they have failed to back me up. The first was on a $5000 home electronics install that was performed incorrectly and the provider refused to correct the wiring problems. So Ill wait to see what they say but it doesnt look favorable and I may end up closing the account.

Filed a complaint with the AG consumer protection office. Not sure if that will help.

So far my credit from the CC company (Chase) hasn't been reversed. If they do, I'll send them the BBB report etc. They told me that TRX had 2 billing cycles to dispute....I don't know what that means in terms of day....but I put in the request 1/27.

Crank, if I were you I'd take the $150. It's $150 better than $0. And I have a strong feeling that the AG will get after TRX to refund the $$$ (if they have anything left in their bank account).

Guest Taxed

I think the problem we all are facing with credit card refund is the "fine print". They all have this # of days since first billing of the charge within which you MUST dispute the charge for a refund. I think TRX figured out that if they collect the renewal by 4/30 each year and then NOT deliver by December of that year enough time or # of days will have passed since the charge first appeared on your bill and the first complaint that they will get away with it.

I guess the only solution to this problem is NOT to advance pay the renewal. If you want the credit card protection pay for it in December when the 2013 software will become available and if by Jan 2014 it does not work satisfactorily you can dispute the charge, I think that looks like the only solution unless you are lucky enough to be dealing with a reputable company that will issue refunds if you are not happy (like Redgear).

Guest Taxed

Stay away from using PayPal to buy anything that turns bad after 60 days from the time the initial purchase appears on your statement. They could care less when the product is delivered and when you find out that it is bad. The clock starts the moment charge is posted to your statement. I am throwing my PayPal account into the trash can.

Bye Bye PayPal.

I will only pay when I am certain that I will get what i bargained for. No more of this advance renewal BS. I have learned a lesson the hard way.

I suggest all of you question the fine print of your credit card/debit card before you pay for anything in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, got full credit on my card yesterday after 45 days "in dispute" I had sent them numberous documents-copies of emails requesting refund from TRX, complaints to TN AG, BBB and others. Not to say that this could still get reversed, but looks good for now. Good luck to everyone else.

Art

As a former banker with >15 years experience I stay away from debit cards. They provide none of the protection of credit cards and potential liabilty on unauthorized use.

A credit card is the easiest and safest way to purchase.

That used to be the case. As far as I know, debit cards are just as protected as credit cards for online disputes. They passed a law a few years dictating it as I recall.

I still avoid online debit card transactions but they say they are just as safe.