ATX Community

Has Anyone Disputed TRX On Credit Card?

Crank

Please tell us how you did it? I paid via PayPal and plan to go back through them and see if it works.

PayPal usually gives you 45 days to dispute a charge. Some credit card companies give you longer. When using PayPal, it's best to fund the purchase with a credit card, then you get protection from both of them (you must file with PayPal first when disputing a charge).

I put in a complaint with my Chase card on 1/28 and Chase gave me a temporary credit. Generally, they allow 90 days to file a dispute, unless there are circumstances. I told them "the circumstances" (such as when the CD was shipped vs when I paid, which was last May). I also told them the problems, and pointed out that I had purchased Tax Act instead, and that charge was already showing up on my account. Now TRX has 30 days to dispute my claim

I know from my husband's business, when someone files a dispute against us, our bank account is debited immediately. I'm hoping they are so overwhelmed that they won't even notice the debit, or open the letter from Chase about the dispute.

CC has issued a temp credit and will finalize within 30 days pending review. They seemed very sympathetic. I have had the account for 19 years and the 1 or 2 disputes I have had in the past have been resolved in my favor.

Next up, talking to the AGs and pursuing damages. Damn, during the busy season ...ugh

I put in a complaint with my Chase card on 1/28 and Chase gave me a temporary credit. Generally, they allow 90 days to file a dispute, unless there are circumstances. I told them "the circumstances" (such as when the CD was shipped vs when I paid, which was last May). I also told them the problems, and pointed out that I had purchased Tax Act instead, and that charge was already showing up on my account. Now TRX has 30 days to dispute my claim

I know from my husband's business, when someone files a dispute against us, our bank account is debited immediately. I'm hoping they are so overwhelmed that they won't even notice the debit, or open the letter from Chase about the dispute.

Chase told me that disputes have to be filed within 118 days. I did remind them that the software wasn't shipped until Dec 10th. Hopefully, they will reconsider. Could you please PM me with the name of the Chase person that you are dealing with?

Hello Guys,

I recently found out that Onedesktax.com offers
1040 and Business Tax Software Free to all 1st year clients.

They gave me both Web and Desktop Version for Free.

My Cousin told me about them, no credit card was required.

They I just Download the Desktop software below, installed it
call them and they activated my tax 2012 account.

I got unilimited E-filing and Bank products..For FREE

Here is website http://onedesktax.com/

I downloaded Desktop Version here: ---> OneDesk Tax Softwares(Tax year 2012 web and Desktop versions)

Chase told me that disputes have to be filed within 118 days. I did remind them that the software wasn't shipped until Dec 10th. Hopefully, they will reconsider. Could you please PM me with the name of the Chase person that you are dealing with?

You're right, it was 118 days, not 90 (I'm getting old). I really just called and spoke to "the man who said hello". I explained that you have to order in advance, when the CD was shipped and when I installed it. I emphasized that I was told it would be Red Gear, that it isn't Red Gear, that the program is useless, and that I had just ordered Tax Act (which charge was already on my account).

My credit (like all credits) is just temporary; TRX has 30 days to dispute.

You're right, it was 118 days, not 90 (I'm getting old). I really just called and spoke to "the man who said hello". I explained that you have to order in advance, when the CD was shipped and when I installed it. I emphasized that I was told it would be Red Gear, that it isn't Red Gear, that the program is useless, and that I had just ordered Tax Act (which charge was already on my account).

My credit (like all credits) is just temporary; TRX has 30 days to dispute.

See, they didn't even put the temporary credit on my account.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a class action lawsuit is the way to go.

This appears to be nothing more than a ponzie scheme.

CID 667097

Call TaxSlayer (888-420-1040 x 263 Kim), they had me up and running and my files converted in less than three hours. An hour later I had completed and transmitted a return that Tax Exact had for over a week and couldn't even determine why they couldn't get it to transmit.

FYI TRX is the same program as Tax Exact just has a colored home page and cost $500 more. Same people, same staff and doesn't work either.