ATX Community

Cover Page

TAXMAN

I have all the latest updates (program and form) installed and cannot access the "preview" button on the letter templates or get one to print out to see if it is what I want. In the "using client communications manager" video there is an entire third section (to the far right) of the manager that I do not have, at all.

Anyone have any hints?

Are you in the 'Client Communication Manager'? You can import the template from there. In the right of the menu bar there are two small buttons to select edit or preview mode once you have opened a template.

I see what you are talking about, but for some reason it doesn't flow to the clients return nor do I have the option to print. FYI you need to add some queries in order to get to appear like last year, best bet is to print a prior year cover letter and use it as a sample for 2012.

Are you in the 'Client Communication Manager'? You can import the template from there. In the right of the menu bar there are two small buttons to select edit or preview mode once you have opened a template.

I cannot select the preview mode; it is "greyed" (well, "pale blue"-d) out.

Any idea how to get THAT working? Also, the third set of data -- fields to add, etc., as shown in the "client comm. mgr." video, does not appear. Where is that?

I can attach the Federal cover sheet, the one from the KB, and attach it to the return. I had problems initially yesterday, with the boxes being greyed, but after closing and re-opening the client letter from the menu, it worked. Buggy like a lot of other things this year.

Using the Federal Cover sheet, I was finally able to create a State cover using the variables and re-save as State cover.

I cannot select the preview mode; it is "greyed" (well, "pale blue"-d) out.

Any idea how to get THAT working? Also, the third set of data -- fields to add, etc., as shown in the "client comm. mgr." video, does not appear. Where is that?

Do you have a return open when you're trying to see the third (variable) pane?