ATX Community

Cover Letter Success

ILLMAS

Anyone with success being able print a cover letter please share how you did it? I imported the template, edited and previewed it many times over but I cannot find a way to make it print. I am able to add the federal and state template without a problem and also print it, but no luck with cover letter. Any help will due.

thanks

Anyone with success being able print a cover letter please share how you did it? I imported the template, edited and previewed it many times over but I cannot find a way to make it print. I am able to add the federal and state template without a problem and also print it, but no luck with cover letter. Any help will due.

thanks

I set up the cover letter as a template -- imported the one that downloaded from ATX -- and it works just fine. Attach it to the return and it prints out.

Maribeth

Robin,

You have to attach the templates. You do that by going to Form, clicking on Client Letter, and it takes you to a screen that shows the "dynamic" client letters (two of them) and the templates.

To attach a template, highlight the template and click the "attach' button on the menu bar.

I learned this by watching the free webinar that ATX wrote about last week. It was only 2 hours, it was free and it was well worth the time spent. If you have not watched that webinar yet, I would recommend that you do so.

Maribeth

Thank you Maribeth. I guess I need to find the time to watch it, since I don't feel like I'm able to jump in & run w/ the 2012 program, as I was in prior years. Ugh, but the program does seem to be getting better with time.......except for the print function.......

-Robin

Does the cover letter and the Templates allow you to add your own personal letterhead?

I have a particular type font I like to use. And change the client letter accordingly.

Rich

You can add your logo and you can add a personalized signature. You cannot use a font that is not supported by ATx and this year they only have 3 fonts they are supporting: Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman.

Maribeth

I set up the cover letter as a template -- imported the one that downloaded from ATX -- and it works just fine. Attach it to the return and it prints out.

Maribeth

I did not see the State Cover Letter to download so I highlighted the first Federal Word seen on the page and Typed my State Cover like it was in 2011. I than saved it to my desktop and brought it in as a template and it worked correctly. I only changed that one place on the form that I downloaded from ATX.

You can add your logo and you can add a personalized signature. You cannot use a font that is not supported by ATx and this year they only have 3 fonts they are supporting: Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman.

Maribeth

Well that really sucks.

I have a "look" that I have been using for 10 years... Every other software supports additional fonts.

Rich