ATX Community

No more return templates

HV Ken

No more templates... we all used them but they are no more... But, there is a workaround that works just as good.

Create a new return, First name: Template. Last Name: 1040. (or whatever you want as long as it starts with number)

Because the Numbers always appear at the top of your return manager list... it will always be at the top of return manager.

Now, include whatever forms, check whatever boxes, fill-in the information you would have put in the old template... Save return.

Now whenever you have a new client... mark the "1040 Template", click Returns, Duplicate Return.

And you have a new return ready to use for a new client. Just rename the file and you are ready to go.

So if you make 6 templates, they are all there ready to use at the top of your return manager.

This workaround was suggested by one of the ATX support people.

Works good for me.. But I share your pain.. don't like things to change..

Taxtrio

• Like 2

Thanks for the idea! That'll work good enough!

It would seem if this works, the programming for the templates should be easy. The response I got from the inside is that they will see what kind of feedback they get and decide to add it in next year based on that. So how do we get the user community to give them that feedback?

The My ATX support site has a suggestion box where we put our requests.

There is a place to rate the suggestions.

ATX will apparently review our suggestions and record how many high ratings that suggestions gets for the suggested enhancements.

The more of us that "rate" the suggestions highly, the more likely they will consider that item as important to us.

My question is: "How many ATXer's know about, use, and rate the suggestions in the suggestion box?".. I know we are all busy and stressed, but over the year it would be good to visit the suggestion box and "rate" or "route" for your favorites..

What do you ATXer's say? Are you willing to participate?

Taxtrio

There is a place to rate the suggestions.

ATX will apparently review our suggestions and record how many high ratings that suggestions gets for the suggested enhancements.

The more of us that "rate" the suggestions highly, the more likely they will consider that item as important to us.

My question is: "How many ATXer's know about, use, and rate the suggestions in the suggestion box?".. I know we are all busy and stressed, but over the year it would be good to visit the suggestion box and "rate" or "route" for your favorites..

I clicked on the suggestion box but that is only to send a message through to ATX. Are you referring to the official forum's subforum entitled "Enhancements" where posters can give a post a number of stars from 1 to 5, or is there some other place that you are referring to for rating suggestions submitted?

You have to click on "click here" in the sentence at the top of that screen. It will take you to another screen where you can

click on one of three items at the top... "submit idea", "my ideas", or "rate ideas."..

You can submit your own idea, or rate other ideas. The my idea button only works if you have submitted ideas. then you see what status your idea has with ATX.

Taxtrio