ATX Community

Form 8949...another glitch

Cathy

Just reported another bug to customer service who will pass it on to the programmers.

After entering short-term stock sales, some with basis reported on the 1099-B and some without basis reported on the 1099-B,

although Sch D had the correct figures, I could not open another Page 1 of Form 8949 per the instructions under Part 1 of Form 8949 which reads:

You must check Box A, B, or C below. Check only one box. If more than one box applies for your short-term transactions, complete a separate Form 8949, page 1, for each applicable box. If you have more short-term transactions than will fit on this page for one or more of the boxes, complete as many forms with the same box checked as you need.

While on hold with customer service, I printed Form 8949 from the print menu. Two (2) Page 1 of Form 8949 printed. I haven't tried to create an e-file yet, but hopefully, both Page 1's will be e-filed. I asked the customer service rep. to report the issue of the second Page 1 not appearing within the tax return on our screens to the programmers. In the interim, if anyone needs to review the second page (or third) 1 for accuracy, just go to the print menu and print Form 8949....both Page 1's should print out if your return called for it.

Cathy

I experienced the same issue and also reported it.

Thanks Ken! It's good to know I'm not the only one who had problems with the 8949!

After downloading 12.10 yesterday as the Customer Service Dept. thought that would settle my problem, (which it didn't, of course)

12.10 has now created another similar problem with the K-1's in the 1065 returns.

Today, I got a call from a partner who has misplaced her K-1, thus I went into the return to print another one for her. The partnership had 4 partners. When I clicked on the K-1's, there is now only one partner LISTED ON ALL 4 K-1'S! Luckily, when I printed K-1's, all four partners' K'1's printed.

Also, I had e-filed this return a couple of weeks ago and had gone back to the file after I e-filed it (prior to downloading 12.10) and it showed all 4 partners within the program so I'm confident the e-file was sent properly. Several other 1065's still yet to do has me nauseated!

There's simply no excuse that ATX could give me to explain why these things are happening in March!