ATX Community

INCREDIBLY SLOOOOWWW

WITAXLADY

so is anyone experiencing a huge slowdown in the speed? It has not beed too bad the last couple days - the usual crashes and reboots and a few lost assets but now tonight,

I cannot get any of the 3 computers I have open to go from one cell to another without a ton of time in between! And I have enough caffeine in me to stay up and finish those who are picking up Tues !

Maybe I will have to work on 08 states and 09 federals,,, saving those for Wed. :(

Any ideas?

Thx D

THX - WILL check out - just opened a return I already had done - just needed a fine tuning, - big farm, no assets nor sales etc there! so I redid and now it will not save nor print and the program just crashed - going to bed. Call him and tell him to come in later.... aaarrgghh

what is a defender?

If you have not been banned, sign into the regular ATX community board and go to Software Forum > Workarounds and Solutions.

There are many tips there to speed up your computers.

-Memory issues / Rebooting

-Cleaning up your computer

-Defragmenting

-disabling antivirus software from scanning ATX folders

-Network speed enhancements

-net upgrade to 4.5

• Like 1

Welcome, NYTaxLady, and if you will look to your upper right, you have a little envelope with a red number. Just another one of the perks of this board. But, you are absolutely right, if you are not checking the other board, you are missing out.

Welcome, NYTaxLady, and if you will look to your upper right, you have a little envelope with a red number. Just another one of the perks of this board. But, you are absolutely right, if you are not checking the other board, you are missing out.

I have never looked on the other board. Are there updates posted by staff or something?

I have never looked on the other board. Are there updates posted by staff or something?

Yes, see NYTaxLady's post above mine. A lot of people in the trenches posting helpful information, too. A lot of whining, and people posting before they seach, but if you can wade thru that...

I do have 11 and 12 up as I have a large screen to review the 11 while doing 12!!

I have done the 4.5, and pretty much all the rest!

Even purchased a new server 2 weeks ago as our network had interruptions.. and all computers have 4 gb.

found the client this am - my office manager knows how to do that pretty well by now - will have to find another one this am again - no fixed assets again . I should not have bothered working on the one last night and just moved on - live and learn.

This is the board I forgot about until now but don't answer much as my wording is not as clear or good as others. Only answer if others do not.. I always said if I coulda taught I woulda...

here's to 300 returns checked and efiled in 15, oh no 12 days!