ATX Community

1099MISC for a new Client

spiderweb

I am new to payroll aspect of TTO Max ATX software, I have just been lucky to have had a new client who would want me to generate 1099 MISC forms for 30 of his consultants to his company. I need help in going about getting this done as I am new to doing this. What is involve in this whole process using my ATX software. Are there any requirements needed here to get this done?

This is a very huge opportunity for my firm with this great opportunity.

Any help here will be much appreciated.

Click on 'New" and select the "1099-Misc" form, and, if you want to efile them, a 6847. Then open it. Input the Payers info into the Payers Info page, which should be the first one to open. If you already have set up a tax return for the client, the info should be in your Companies database, so you can pull it into the Payers Info by clicking on 'Tools', 'Companies'.

Then click on the 'Input' tab at the bottom, and you are ready to start inputing the workers info into the 1099s. If you want to efile them, you just click on the E-File icon when you have them all entered, and the program will take it from there.

OK, now I am not happy. I did not know that you could pull the company info over from somewhere else. I have been typing that in.

Let me ask another question please, KC.

If I have 1099 INT and 1099 MISC to send out, the program allows only 1 of the forms to be added, so you need to make a second "return". What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Taking the last question first, if you do an efile of the 1099s, you have to have checked the box that you have a signed 6847, Dennis. If you use the check return function, it will always direct you to check that box. Of course, if you mail them you do not need it

Tom, once you have created any tax return for a business, such as setting up a tax return, or setting up the 1099-Misc, setting up another one for 1099-int, for example, is just a matter of clicking on 'New', then selecting the 1099-INT and then when you open it, go to Tools, Companies, and select that payer. The info page will populate, and you are good to go. You can set up a return for W-2s the same way. Just click on New, select a 940, then a W2/W2C form. Open it, click on Tools, etc...... You can add the 4 941s all at once, or as you need them.

Taking the last question first, if you do an efile of the 1099s, you have to have checked the box that you have a signed 6847, Dennis. If you use the check return function, it will always direct you to check that box. Of course, if you mail them you do not need it

Tom, once you have created any tax return for a business, such as setting up a tax return, or setting up the 1099-Misc, setting up another one for 1099-int, for example, is just a matter of clicking on 'New', then selecting the 1099-INT and then when you open it, go to Tools, Companies, and select that payer. The info page will populate, and you are good to go. You can set up a return for W-2s the same way. Just click on New, select a 940, then a W2/W2C form. Open it, click on Tools, etc...... You can add the 4 941s all at once, or as you need them.

After 5 years, it amazes me what I still don't know about how to get the most out of MAX.

Thanks KC.