ATX Community

I messed up. Wrong address on return

Ray in Ohio

I put a wrong address on a client's 1040. I put her house number down but her employer's street. So the address on the return is not an actual address. She is getting her refund mailed. This return was accepted on 3/30/13 and is approved and scheduled to be mailed on 4/10. I do not know of any way to get the address corrected prior to it being mailed. So I am expecting I will have to wait till it gets returned to the IRS as undeliverable, and then make the correction and have a replacement chack mailed.

Does anybody know of any other quicker or better way to get this corrected?

(maybe I should try to blame ATX for changing the info on the return after I entered it)

Wow, bummer, huh? I think it's just going to go exactly like you think. Once I put the wrong bank numbers on a return, so I loaned the clients

the amount of the refund until they got it. I knew them very well, though, and was not concerned about them ripping me off. They didn't. :)

Wow, bummer, huh? I think it's just going to go exactly like you think. Once I put the wrong bank numbers on a return, so I loaned the clients

the amount of the refund until they got it. I knew them very well, though, and was not concerned about them ripping me off. They didn't. :)

Only once? That has to be a record. Why do they always wait to tell you they have changed banks until after it is filed? :P

• Like 2