ATX Community

This almost made me swear

rfassett

Receiving old acks after updating to Ver. 12.13

Answer ID 14306 | Document ID | Published 04/08/2013 10:54 AM | Updated 04/08/2013 12:04 PM

After updating ATX to Version 12.13, you notice that each time you transmit or attempt to receive acks, you start receiving acks from weeks or months ago that have already been downloaded.

We currently plan to correct this problem with a later update so that this does not happen going forward. If you have already applied the Version 12.13 update, follow the appropriate steps below depending on whether or not you have already begun downloading the previously received acks again.

To solve this problem when you have not already downloaded the acks

Open Preferences, and then click OK.

Close ATX.

Repeat steps 1-3 for each user. Note: Do not skip any users in this step-- you must do them all.

Close ATX.

Open ATX again and work as usual. Do not pick up prior acks unless you first import or restore returns.

To solve this problem when you have already downloaded the acks

Close ATX.

Repeat steps 1-3 for each user. Note: Do not skip any users in this step. Have each user do this before continuing, or else the problem will reoccur.

Log in using the user that you typically use when transmitting or receiving acks.

Close ATX.

Open ATX again and work as usual. Once you pick up all old acks one last time, the program will return to functioning normally.

I am trying to pull down some acts this morning and I notice that the first "requesting ACKS" line was dated MARCH 9th - and progressing very slowly in increments of seconds, not even minutes. So I check the knowledge base and found the above. The part that made me nearly swear is the "we know about the problem and will fix it in a future update". This is April 9th people, there is not much future left for updates. Am I suppose to just sit here and watch this most tedious progression? After a half hour it is all the way up to March 16. I am tired and I am cranky and I did not need this this morning. OK, Ron, deep breathes, deep breathes. In and out, in and out.

Same thing happened to me a couple days ago. It finally got through the whole thing. That was annoying. This is alarming. I opened a 1065 this AM that I had completed yesterday pending receipt of one item. When I opened it today, most of the entries I previously made were gone. I'm reasonably sure I saved it prior to exiting yesterday.

I guess I've been fortunate that I haven't experienced the troubles many others have. Other than slow opening and printing, I've been reasonably satisfied (after the disaster I experience last year with TRX, I'd probably be giddy with a pencil and paper forms!). 12.13 did speed things up but I've also seen a couple disconcerting things like this. I hope that was a one-time situation and not the opening salvo of a major bombardment of problems.

The personal return I was working on simultaneously (to the Form 1120S--not 1065 as I previously stated) had just one omission--but I had to re-check every figure in the return just to be sure.

I checked my preferences--still set to auto-save every five minutes (I have it set low because I don't want to take any chances).

I opened and closed both returns a couple times this morning just to make sure they stayed intact. So far, so good.