ATX Community

ATX steps backward from 2011

grandj48

Man, I must have gotten a different product than you four. WTH did I buy? It worked well. No stuff!!!

It is not that we got a different product. It is that ATX ran differently on different systems, especially those that are networked. I personally know a couple of users that didn't have many of the problems others of us had. Although they did experience slower than normal operation.

What about reliability?! That is the major sticking point for me! I have been using ATX since 1997. The calculations have never been as unreliable as they are this year - depreciation disappearing after creating efile and printing, different bottom line each time the return is opened, entries disappearing, check boxes unchecking or checking themselves, .... among others. Not with every return, of course. It's intermittent, but I can't trust it.

I am on a standalone system. Although I haven't experienced as many crashes as some poor preparers have, the system is incredible slow compared to previous years. I checked the recommended requirements before the season started and my office computer was well above the requirements. But it was totally impossible to use with the program. Its XP Pro, with 4GB ram, it should have been fine. Instead I had to change to a new computer with Win 7 and 16GB. Maybe that's why I didn't have as many problems but it certainly should not have been necessary.

I have had the same issues all year...I have never felt so inefficient in all my years...boxes unchecking and checking, assets dropping, numbers changing and I have to go back and rework everything, Taxable social security disappearing, and all I ever hear from ATX is we apologize for that..we understand your frustration. GET REAL...this is our reputation on the line. I have made the best decision I could possibly make for this practice and that is to find a new software, as much as I have loved the forms based software, it is just not in my clients best interest to stay with ATX

• Like 1

How long does it take for you to click the icon to get ATX to open; for me it's less than 20 seconds.

Whcih seems very fast...and the reason i think for that is my solid state drive.

Early in season on the server it was almost 7-10 minutes12.13 reduced that 2.5 minutes and about the same times to load clients. Had to reboot software after opening and closing 2-5 clients

Workstations were 2 to 3 times that

• 2 weeks later...

Early in season on the server it was almost 7-10 minutes12.13 reduced that 2.5 minutes and about the same times to load clients. Had to reboot software after opening and closing 2-5 clients

Workstations were 2 to 3 times that

I ran ATX off server for a while (rolling over clients). It seemed to choke the system for other users. (ATX told me they recommended users work off workstations so I quit using server as the "rollover machine".) My times were about the same as above.

I don't think XP vs 7 operating system made much difference. 2012 is just slow.

We bought workstations loaded with XP when first of Windows 7 machines were coming out (thus most of our systems are not that old). A couple of our XP machines are as fast as our new Windows 7 workstations btw (speed is relative of course)