ATX Community

Extensions ~ mailing limit?

elfling

I bundle them if there's little or no anticipated tax liabilty. But those with large payments and/or large balances due each get their own envelope, complete with Certified Mail and Return Receipt. That's about $6 per envelope, but the client's paying for it so I really don't care. Pretty cheap insurance IMO.

Now if I were doing the volume some of you are doing, I MIGHT have to reconsider the cutoff point for the bundled ones. I'm sure that those paying in the range of $3-5Kor more would probably still warrant their own separate envelope.

Me too joanmcq. I've been efiling the extensions the past few years. But those needing to send a payment, I have them come in or talk to them about the amount and send them the form thru email and they are responsible for mailing the check and form. I ask them to copy both check and form.

No limit. We type a list of names and sent the Certified Return Receipt Requested and include the list. We got burned by not having delivery confirmation. The list provides the proof that it was delivered by checking others in the list if the issue arises.

We are sending hundreds in each envelope.

I include a copy of the list and a SASE asking then to send it back to me with the date received stamp on it. Always get them back!