ATX Community

2 States - Rejected Efile

Yardley CPA

I have a client who had a federal and three states. I efiled the returns. The federal and one of the states were accepted. New Jersey and New York rejected with the following explanation:

"The IRS Submission ID referenced in the State Submission Manifest must be present in the e-File database."

Anyone have any idea on what this means or how I can correct it. I tried recreating and refilling it...it went through but was rejected again.

Thanks!

The ATX front page says that they recommended unlinking the state from the fed retrun in the state e-file tab....check box at the top starting last Friday I think. I got one of these for Colorado but the federal was accepted. I just checked the unlink box and re-sent the state seperately. I hope this works.

That is correct.

Last year the IRS sneaked a new thing into MEF which was interesting if it came with some sort of documentation.

Unless the state is sent unlinked. It will have to adopt the federal submission MEF ID.

However to get one, The Federal Return has to be in a submitted state.

To bypass this issue. Just go to the state E-File Info page. Look at the top and click Unlink form. This will allow both the state and the federal to have their own MEF Submission ID.