ATX Community

From my NEW account manager

JRS

At the bottom of her email:

ATX Return Retrieval

Do you need the peace of mind of knowing that your e-filed returns are safely stored?

Well, for $99, you can have that peace with ATX Return Retrieval.

You will have access to ALL of your e-filed returns for tax years 2010, 2011 and 2012!

This is a MUST HAVE for every tax return preparer!

At the bottom of her email:

ATX Return Retrieval

Do you need the peace of mind of knowing that your e-filed returns are safely stored?

Well, for $99, you can have that peace with ATX Return Retrieval.

You will have access to ALL of your e-filed returns for tax years 2010, 2011 and 2012!

They are already storing them. How else would they be able to offer you the prior two years? Don't pay unless you have a failure, then call them up and buy the service.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I never gave ATX or CCH permission to store any of my clients' files. I am no longer their customer, and I don't want any of my clients' files stored by them. I have redundancy in my backup methods, didn't ask for and don't want outside help with backup. How and where are they being stored, and what security measures are in place? For those of you worried about cloud computing, do you not have a problem with this?

Guest Taxed

This is one situation where you can buy fire insurance while the house is on fire!

Why buy now? If your backups have failed completely and you need that return and a transcript will not do then cough up the $99!

I hope most of us make multiple backups of our returns. I have a 3TB HD, a 8GB flash drive and trusted CD's each year.

Also another important thing is to store these backups is separate physical locations. If your office burns down, you don't want to lose all your backups.

If your office burns down, you don't want to lose all your backups.

I worked for a farmer who had his office burned down by a disgruntled mentally unstable homeless man. The fire happened before I came to work for him. The prior office manager was very good about making backups every day. She sat them right on top of the server when she was done. The story goes that when the fire was discovered, she came down to the ranch office and the shed manager was there already. The building was engulfed in flames. She asked the shed manager to go in and get the backup tapes!

Took almost 2 years to get everything straightened out. I came in in the middle of it. Vendors were sending tons of past due invoices. Just getting the check register rebuilt took 6 months. Payroll and payroll taxes were a nightmare.

Make sure you have an off site backup.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 3

The prior office manager was very good about making backups every day. She sat them right on top of the server when she was done.

Clearly, her only fear was of a problem with her computer, a fairly common form of mental blind spot. We need to also consider theft, fire. tornado, earthquake, tidal wave, etc. [Only slight humor, the risk really is broader than just a computer failure.]

• Like 1