ATX Community

AOC - Grad School

Dave T

Guest Taxed

In my opinion It would be a grave mistake to get our military involved in Syria without knowing all the facts. We don't want a repeat of Iraq.

Unless there is an immediate threat to US, I am against any military action or lethal weapons support to the so called rebels. It would be 1000 times worse when those weapons fall in the hands of terrorists!

Sorry, but that is Bullshit, Taxed. I watch Fox News because it's the most balanced, and I've seen shows about EITC fraud done by them. And RACE had ZERO to do with it in those presentations. It was all about the ABUSE of the system, and that's as it should be. If certain groups are over-represented in the frauds, that is relevant in looking for SOLUTIONS, however. I totally refuse to accept the idea that it is racist to look at facts related to the crime, if those facts point to any group other than white Americans!

• Like 3

Less than 24 hours later, we were looking at

>>... when those weapons fall in the hands of terrorists<<

_________

That was fun!

I wonder if the Boston Terrorists got EITC. We know at least 100K of their Jihad was funded by Welfare. One was in school too, so I bet the AOC funded the Jihad as well.

Using the post-9/11 logic, wouldn't it make sense to subject these weapons of terrorism to increased scrutiny? Like we did with airline travel. How about we set up a TSA like agency to screen all the tax returns for credits that might be used in terrorism. We could have them demand that we take off our shoes while they screen our tax returns. Do full DNA tests to prove the relationships claimed by taxpayers to their dependents.

Of course, we would have to subject everyone to this scrutiny because we could not just go after Muslims. That would be an afront to the libs.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Guest Taxed

Thousands of refugees and political asylum seekers from former Soviet Union and other places got welfare and other govt. assistance under US laws.

Could the Govt. have reasonably foreseen that 10 years back that 2 of the kids of one of the recipients will commit a henious crime in the future??

The right wingers and FoxNews shows in particular are making it look like the Govt funded their jihad by giving the parents welfare benefits, that was allowed under the law.

If you disagree with the public assistance programs then use the elections to change leadership to change US laws. We all know how that went for the Repubs right??

Thousands of refugees and political asylum seekers from former Soviet Union and other places got welfare and other govt. assistance under US laws.

Could the Govt. have reasonably foreseen that 10 years back that 2 of the kids of one of the recipients will commit a henious crime in the future??

The right wingers and FoxNews shows in particular are making it look like the Govt funded their jihad by giving the parents welfare benefits, that was allowed under the law.

If you disagree with the public assistance programs then use the elections to change leadership to change US laws. We all know how that went for the Repubs right??

Proof that idiot libs can't read sarcasm.

Nuff said.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 4

I dislike EITC, because it can be used for anything and it is in their tax return that we have to pre-audit and sign those returns hoping that we are correct. I do not have many clients that get it thankfully, but last year I know that it bought new breasts for a recipient and a vacation for her and her boyfriend to go show them off. She dropped her full time job down to 15 hours a week, so that she could go back on food stamps and get more welfare. I'm very sure that many people need and use it wisely, but I would rather that it come to them monthly or in some other way that can't be abused so easily.

Guest Taxed

Remember the days of advanced EITC that was a nightmare!

Unfortunately it is human nature and there will always be some people who will try to take advantage of any program to unjustly enrich themselves. It is not just limited to EITC. I see that all the time with some people collecting unemployment benefit and having another job under the table. How about certain people collecting social security disability and playing golf all summer long and engaging in all activities that a non disabled person does?

Perhaps another option to study is decrease the refundable portion of EITC and increase the non refundable portion?